Team-BHP - Maruti Suzuki to roll out new M800 Uniq
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Maruti Suzuki to roll out new M800 Uniq (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/42975-maruti-suzuki-roll-out-new-m800-uniq.html)

Quote:

The company has loaded the limited edition of Maruti 800 Uniq with a range of new features such as body graphics, all new beige upholstery, trendy door trims with fabric patch, smart lower console box, rear package tray, stylish dome decal to attract young consumers.
More details at Maruti Suzuki to roll out new M800 Uniq- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

This looks like a last ditch effort from maruthi to sell 800 before Nano enters the market.

Just another NeW 800.
It has to come out once every 2years or so.

Special editions are always used by many manufacturers to attract buyers' attention. It helps a lot for the marketing guys too.

But will this make any difference to "young consumers"?

I think M800 wasnt given that much attention by MSIL since last two years. Suddenly the Nano effect seems to have got into MSIL.

Yawn!!! Trash is trash, however well it is (re)packed.

Another Yawn! New 800!:Frustrati

Omni and 800 are nevr been improved. For such a volume sale, Maruthi should have given some improved products to their Indian customers who supoorted them for decades.
I beleive the only strength they have is their after sales service, not the quailty.

:Frustrati Please phase it out and bring newer models.:Frustrati

Making these changes won't make the vehicle a hot-seller. The Indian car buying mentality has changed in the recent years.

It corroborates the very very old saying that monopoly kills a product's quality whereas competition brings out the best from each competitor.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR (Post 916007)
Yawn!!! Trash is trash, however well it is (re)packed.

Not to justify MSIL's mode of operation, but the above note is too harsh.

This is the same trash which changed the whole scenario of motoring in our country. It could be a bad vehicle on today's standards for sure, but I'll never call it such meaningless words.

Sorry.

and this car is still preferred choice of small town people.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 (Post 916220)
It corroborates the very very old saying that monopoly kills a product's quality whereas competition brings out the best from each competitor.

agree:to the last word. Maybe they are trying to clear stocks by doing this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedzak (Post 916266)
Not to justify MSIL's mode of operation, but the above note is too harsh.

This is the same trash which change the whole scenario of motoring in our country. It could be a bad vehicle on today's standards for sure, but I'll never call it such meaningless words.

Sorry.

And many of us were the proud owners of M800 for years. It brought about a revolution in the indian car market because it was unlike any other! It was a 'Swift' of its era, creating and defining a new segment that nobody thought existed. Now after several years, it may seem totally out-of place, but then it was always meant to be the cheapest car in the market.

Its a different story if M800 remains unchanged after nano becomes a hit. However, till then, i wouldn't call an M800 trash!

Don't understand till what time MSIL will drag this already a dead model.Hope this model will find a "mukti" after Nano is launched.