Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2008, 01:54   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
I read on the ACI forum that Skoda has sent a letter to a potential customer stating that the views expressed in the TOI were incorrect. And that they were not recalling the cars, but merely doing a software upgrade to improve FE and performance. I don't want to post the letter here since it's from another forum.

Fabia petrol owners on T-Bhp might have more information?
Like I said the PR guy must be really good. Obviously you don't want to tell your customers that you goofed up even though you charged a premium over competition on account of superior quality.
Old 12th August 2008, 09:43   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
I read on the ACI forum that Skoda has sent a letter to a potential customer stating that the views expressed in the TOI were incorrect. And that they were not recalling the cars, but merely doing a software upgrade to improve FE and performance. I don't want to post the letter here since it's from another forum.

Fabia petrol owners on T-Bhp might have more information?

Dear BHP-ians, i'm the guy who got the letter The PR guys in Skoda seems very good at constructing sentences that they know customers would love to read. anyway, i'm not going by their words and booked the car on the basis of my feeling after taking numerous test drives under many possible conditions that i'd encounter in day to drive. For me, it was pretty much satisfactory and the feedback from the new 1.2 owners here too were good with most of them reporting mileage of around 11.5km/l in city drives. I think it should go up once the engine runs in. I would be using the car for city commuting (98%), long drives or highway drives are virtually nil for me.

I should thank the dealer here for giving me so much TD opportunities eventhough they made a mess of my color choices and price towards the end. I've posted a detailed note of my experiences till now (expecting the delivery of my 1.2 Ambienete by next week) in another thread which belongs to beloved BHP-ian Netchef.
Old 12th August 2008, 13:27   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naikpranav View Post
comfort above mere thrill, nonetheless, everyone who says the fabia 1.4's are underpowered, you should spend some more time with that car.
At least on this thread, people are referring to the 1.4 Petrol.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks