Team-BHP - Best car for our Politicians. What do you think?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Best car for our Politicians. What do you think? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/4394-best-car-our-politicians-what-do-you-think-9.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil (Post 1309984)
Reading old news are you? He won after a recounting..

Oh, really? Didn't know that! Good for him then! stupid:

The Ambassador should be banned. It was a British design and not Indian in any way. I don't understand why so many of you want to be slaves of the Brits even after so many years of Independence. TATA's are the only true Indian cars. Deve Gowda was the first Indian PM to use a TATA (Sierra). Politicians deserve good cars. Why do you indulge in Politician bashing? Didn't you elect them? Or were you one of the oversmart people who didn't vote(you don't have a right to complain then)? My choice would be Merc S Class for the older politicians and Ferrari's for the Young Turks.
BTW I'm in Politics too.

All politicians should be travelling in a SPECIAL EDITION Maruti 800 with LEAF SPRINGS all around. Then they'll know what a pot-hole is and how it feels. By letting them zoom around in BIG SUVs, they'll never know the ACTUAL road conditions.

I hate to see them zip around in flashy cars bought using MY MONEY.

:(

Quote:

Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil (Post 1309984)
Reading old news are you? He won after a recounting..

After recounting or settlement!

He is master of numbers (cash) & settling millions of account of Indians (with various taxes) .:D

politicians should all remain only with amby's. diesel isuzu etc is fine. but they are best suited to ambys and ambys to them.

I think its the TATA safari for sure,the aura it gives is incredible.On a second thought it can be a scorpio too.For those who are comfor cravy innova can also feature in the list.There are some politicians using these cars down here.But majority are still in the old ambies.
ram

Reva anyone? I wish it were a Reva that they drive, atleast in Hyderabad. It is only then that the minimum range that they could go around (due to the power cuts/the need to recharge) would make them realize that something has to be done to rectify the situation.

Well does seem more of a rant, but seemed relevant due the present scenario in Hyderabad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shankar.balan (Post 1310846)
politicians should all remain only with amby's. diesel isuzu etc is fine. but they are best suited to ambys and ambys to them.

Amby is a disgrace to the Nation. Remember the world watches our top politicians. To them it looks like this.
Amby=India hasn't progressed since the British left.
TATA=India is Great. This is the company which produced the worlds cheapest car and also is the owner of two of Britain's premium brands.
Lets be proud to be Indians.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torqy (Post 1310061)
All politicians should be travelling in a SPECIAL EDITION Maruti 800 with LEAF SPRINGS all around. Then they'll know what a pot-hole is and how it feels. By letting them zoom around in BIG SUVs, they'll never know the ACTUAL road conditions.

I hate to see them zip around in flashy cars bought using MY MONEY.

:(

Well if you voted for them you are equally to blame. In that case you should also volunteer to use one of these special edition cars.

Bullocart supplied with extremely flatulent bulls. :D
Hell they can buy whatever they want...its not their money anyway. In BLR, daddy dear buys sonny boy a hummer, maserati GT etc etc etc etc in spite of sonny boy being a PUC failure and loves roaming around at night stoning restaurants, and the police case just vanishes.
Tip of the iceberg...

@ pedro
King of wishful thinking, may you be in the rear seat of a swank merc soon ! We need more visionaries like you who love to the pamper the honest, innocent, dutiful souls of our country. I will happy to fund another netas lardy derrier into the plush leather of an S, and his son(s) and wife(s)(!) into similar chariots befitting their honorable stature. Half those sods are PU dropouts and Bachelor degree failures. ROFL wonder if they can even read the owners manual. If i were to name names in Karnataka alone, the proof in undeniable.
I cast my vote,an educated one at that. I pay my taxes. ALL of them. Yes i have a right to be cynical. Nothing personal.

I feel endy is indeed the appropriate vehicle with small timers following in gypsys. The off-roading needs of campaigning would be well addressed. For the rest of the 5 years, they can just get something well built (say an octy). They dont need to bother with service issues as long as they are winning elections!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ash_vtec (Post 1311229)
@ pedro
King of wishful thinking, may you be in the rear seat of a swank merc soon ! We need more visionaries like you who love to the pamper the honest, innocent, dutiful souls of our country. I will happy to fund another netas lardy derrier into the plush leather of an S, and his son(s) and wife(s)(!) into similar chariots befitting their honorable stature. Half those sods are PU dropouts and Bachelor degree failures. ROFL wonder if they can even read the owners manual. If i were to name names in Karnataka alone, the proof in undeniable.
I cast my vote,an educated one at that. I pay my taxes. ALL of them. Yes i have a right to be cynical. Nothing personal.

Some people's views on politicians are applicable to some years ago. Now we have many young politicians. Not everyone is here to loot. Of course they need perks. You will see a change in the type of politicians. Old types are being given the boot (along with them the Amby also deserves to get the boot). If you want better cars, lower import duties, strict laws (ABS, Airbags compulsory on all variants), you need to treat young politicians with a little more respect. If you want them to have Amby's and bullokcarts, you can't expect them to make sure you get better cars, roads and legislation.

this i do not agree with at all. amby is a perfectly good car - especially for government babus and politicos.
I shall always be a proud indian but I dont agree with any of your views.
to my mind, until Politics gets "corporatized" in India, the silly chaps can continue for all i care, to buzz around in their ambys - they certainly dont deserve any more. Not from public money anyway, according to me. If they must have fancy cars, let them buy them out of their own money, like us corporate working people do!

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedrolourenco (Post 1311179)
Amby is a disgrace to the Nation. Remember the world watches our top politicians. To them it looks like this.
Amby=India hasn't progressed since the British left.
TATA=India is Great. This is the company which produced the worlds cheapest car and also is the owner of two of Britain's premium brands.
Lets be proud to be Indians.

Well if you voted for them you are equally to blame. In that case you should also volunteer to use one of these special edition cars.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronWolf (Post 1253696)
I Vote that they only use an Amby

Let them use the A/C Amby with Isuzu Engine.

Huge and Spacious
Comfortable like a Sofa at the back seat
Easy to maintain on Tax Rupees
Always Driver Driven so who cares about the driveability

The Amby was and is usually to show to the people that they are simpletons who do not like costlier and flashy cars.But the Ambys popularity is on the wane. The government cars they get are still Ambys but with their own money they once preferred Sumos and now its raining Scorpios, Innovas and Safaris (Remember Sahib Singh Verma got killed in a Safari Truck collision on the Jaipur- Delhi highway). These help them move around during elections.
After winning the elections, its Skodas, Mercs, BMW's which are parked in their garages for visiting 5 star hotels and inaugurating events and so on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shankar.balan (Post 1311478)
this i do not agree with at all. amby is a perfectly good car - especially for government babus and politicos.
I shall always be a proud indian but I dont agree with any of your views.
to my mind, until Politics gets "corporatized" in India, the silly chaps can continue for all i care, to buzz around in their ambys - they certainly dont deserve any more. Not from public money anyway, according to me. If they must have fancy cars, let them buy them out of their own money, like us corporate working people do!

Calculate how much you would spend to buy an Amby and run and maintain it for 5 years and see how much it costs. Modern cars will work out much cheaper. Just calculate how much the country would save by buying Indigo's (or some other car) instead of Amby's. No 2 ways about it. IMO the Amby needs to be retired.