Team-BHP - Best car for our Politicians. What do you think?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Best car for our Politicians. What do you think? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/4394-best-car-our-politicians-what-do-you-think.html)

It's been in the news recently in Maharashtra. Our politicians want to move up a notch on the social ladder, so they want to ditch their Contessa's and Amby's for Skoda's! Theyclaim that the TDi uses less fuel, so they would actually save money. That the Skoda costs more than double an Amby is a point they did not stress on! That the state is reeling under huge debts is not of any concern to them, they would rather fight about which car they want to be driven around in.

Considering the situation in India, both the poverty and the conditions of our roads, what do you think is the most practical and efficient car for our ministers. I'm not talking the PM or President, but the local babu's and babi's.

What are your thoughts on this?

but one thing i dont understand is that they said they need 43 cars for which they arre paying 5.16crores. which means each car is costiing 12 lacs and if i am not mistaken they get close to 30% off the factory price and no taxes as well. so are they buying the l&k or the skoda rs?????? :mad: :mad:

Rtech,

I think the local babus and babis should use the Public Transport system rather than opt for cars , this way they will set a good example to the public on saving fuel !

infact they should use the car pools too ( how feasible this option is , my guess is as good as yours ) lol: .

and besides half of the babus stay quite near mantralaya , why the hell do they need cars to go to mantralaya when they live across the road ?

well if they want to use cars why dont they buy it from their own money ?? whatever car they can afford they should !

cheers

The most apt will be a white diesel Indigo. This car really is the modern day equivalent of the HM Ambassador.

GTO

true maybe they can be given an allowance from the govt and the balance should be paid by them for whatever car they want. the govt as it is helps them out by waiving all duties and taxes of their cars.

Hey iceman
that is a good suggestion.
The govt. should only give them 6L and the remaining is their cash.
If they want to save fuel, they should consider an accent Viva CRDi.
Cheaper and easier to maintain then contessas and all and this would save them money in the long run too.
What say??

yeah totalyy let them buy what they want..whether it is a crdi or an s class or a 760il its there money. the govt should pay only a nominal amount.
DOWNSIDE:
bribes will get higher cos they need money from us for their cars!!!;)

Lol iceman,
With the amount they steal from us in form of various bribes, i will not be surprised if they will be going around in maybachs..

they actually deserve a bullock cart with nails on the wooden seats.

agree: 110% right. you said it satya

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceman91
agree: 110% right. you said it satya

this hold true for every poltician except for the ministers in charge of PWD ,as they are the ones who decide on improving our roads
so a maybach for all in the PWD ministry ;)

Hahahaha Satya...I was going to say Auto Rickshaw but your suggestion is much better :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedsatya
this hold true for every poltician except for the ministers in charge of PWD ,as they are the ones who decide on improving our roads
so a maybach for all in the PWD ministry ;)

Satya,

In a Maybach these guys wont even feel a pothole !! :D

The roads would seem perfect to them , then ??

Lol you said it N_C,
was just about to say that.
The PWD ministers need bullockcarts the most.

Reliant Robin. These numbskulls could use a little blood flow to their head.