Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2008, 14:49   #1
BHPian

Do we follow traffic rules ?

I am not sure if this thread exists. Mods if there is such thread available please do merge this one with it.

India has became a big market for automobile industry. I still remember those days when HM and PAL use to capture the market share. Then suddenly Maruti changed the indian automobile industry. Today we have all major automobile manufacturer be it Honda, Ford, GM, Merc, Audi or BMW but where are we still on the DRIVING SENSE, PATIENCE or RESPONIBILITY. I know govt plays a major role in providing infrastructure but what about self concious. Be it traffic red light or open road, how many of us follow the rules. Bikers !!!! they dont even care for their own loved ones. The way they ride, looks it will be their ride on their bike. What will they achive if they are ahead of two cars on the risk of their life.

I have no complaints to the Sumo, Scorpio, Bus or Truck drivers. Most of them are illitrate. But when it comes to the self driven vehicles, even the decently educated guys becomes illitrate. As soon as the traffic light turns Green, they started honking like hell. Every one is in hurry to reach office on time, but cant leave home 15 min early. I have observed, most of the traffic jams are because of jumping the traffic signals or EGO. Even if they are driving Maruti Omni, but it hurts their Ego if BMW overtakes them.

I belong to Delhi and traffic over here is turning like hell. I am initiating this thread to know "Why we dont follow the Traffic rules" Whether it is 2:00am or 2:00pm, why do people jump red light. Why every one wants to overtake from left knowing the fact the road will get narrow ahead, and then they try to make space for their car with the one which was ahead. Slow moving vehicle will always capture extreme right lane. And BOYZ, still cant understand what do they think of themselves.

I have visited a lot of countries, whether it is Australia, US, China, Singapore or Japan. The roads in the city are much narrow as compared to Delhi. But I have never faced any traffic Jam. I have never saw any people breaking traffic rules. They do get traffic jam but people drive in patience. They know their hurry can make the traffic jam worse.

I just want to develop the sense of responibility, driving patience with this discussion forum.
Old 13th August 2008, 19:17   #2
Team-BHP Support