Team-BHP - 2009 Honda Civic
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   2009 Honda Civic (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/44206-2009-honda-civic.html)

Hey ppl,

Rash here. Was surfing the web, came across the 'leaked' brochure images of the 2009 Civic facelift model. Being just a facelift, the car has similar basics as that of the current model sold outside. The changes however should reflect in our Indian model too.

Check the links:

2009 Civic Sedan Pics - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum

100 Octane!

The only thing that looks different compared to the current North American model are the rims.

This looks like previous Civic in US! Not too sure if this would be the facelift.
The 2nd pic is the Civic which is already in the US and other markets.

Its been ages since i saw this version on honda america site, i am sure this will be the car when honda india decides to give current civic a faclift.

Quote:

Originally Posted by .anshuman (Post 942393)
Its been ages since i saw this version on honda america site, i am sure this will be the car when honda india decides to give current civic a faclift.

Precisely the point why I posted the topic here. Though nothing alarmingly different for the US market, its the most likely candidate for the Indian model's facelift for 2009.

I personally feel that the tail lights of the current civic look better than this

To be frank, it isnt fair. We are one o the largest markets in the world and they should realise that by now. We should get the civic with the Glass Grille and all!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rash_rp (Post 942448)
Precisely the point why I posted the topic here. Though nothing alarmingly different for the US market, its the most likely candidate for the Indian model's facelift for 2009.

They ignore the indian market so even 2010 or 2011 is acceptable to general public in India.

the current civic looks far better than this design

Hey Rash aka Rohit, welcome onboard brother. This is AMTAK (Amit Takalkar), from orkut. Hope you recognized me! And I agree with all members that this is the one when Civic will get a face lift.

OT: I could not find your introduction in the introduce yourself section. Do it soon. Let all know who you are and what your hobbies are. Folks, he's the president of RSA (Rubber Smokin Angels) and also works for one reputed Car magazine!

that facelift is only applicable for the US and China model which altogether has a different front and rear ends as compared to the civic sedans sold in the other parts of the world. only slightly different grill and taillights wil eon offer.
this aforementioned model in the brochure will NOT make it to any other market in the world except US and China,

I hope they bring in the civic SI with the K20a engine by next year!!

The new civic shown here is not as good as the current one.
Civic already is a generation ahead in terms of styling as compared to other cars.

I would like the 3.0 197bhp engine to make it here in India. ( of course it wouldn't)
But is 197 bhp enough?
Is this civic coming to India anytime soon?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidindica (Post 942701)
that facelift is only applicable for the US and China model which altogether has a different front and rear ends as compared to the civic sedans sold in the other parts of the world. only slightly different grill and taillights wil eon offer.
this aforementioned model in the brochure will NOT make it to any other market in the world except US and China,

Agreed, as I said, this is not the exact model that will come here, but the facelift of the India model will take a lot of design clues from the model shown. Headlights for one, wont change on the Indian model.