Team-BHP - Major changes at Overdrive and the Indian magazine industry
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Major changes at Overdrive and the Indian magazine industry (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/4448-major-changes-overdrive-indian-magazine-industry.html)

Just came in from two EXTREMELY reliable sources (Thanks, I know you guys are reading this)

1. Adil Jal Darukhanawala and Overdrive magazine have parted ways.

2. CAR magazine is launching very soon in India with Adil and Nex Gen publishing.

3. Top Gear is launching an Indian version in a partnership with the Times Group.

Exciting times ahead for the Indian auto buff, wot?

GTO

Great news !! top gear coming with times group - i can smell success already !

WOW! thatz some great news.

Awesome news GTO! man, Top gear and Times..... good combo!

looks like we will get to see topgear on zoom soon!
hope they dont use kamal sidhu to be the host!

aadix, I think they are looking at a print magazine, not the television show. Great news though, one more auto magazine never hurt anybody.

I just hope TG stick to what they know best, i.e. being honest in their opinions and not afraid to put down a shabby product. If it ends up being just another indian auto "yes man" complimenting anything and everything, I think I'll throw up.

More competition...
I like it.
Will add to the increase in quality of the stuff in car mags.

Drifter

Fantastic..Hormazd Sorabjee & Co. will be definitely a worried lot now :)

Wow, great news..
Top Gear sure will do good and will definetly give good competition to other auto mags..

Hey GTO,
Good find.
Car is one of my favorite mags and when my sister was in the UK, i made sure to get a copy always.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO
Just came in from two EXTREMELY reliable sources (Thanks, I know you guys are reading this)

1. Adil Jal Darukhanawala and Overdrive magazine have parted ways.

2. CAR magazine is launching very soon in India with Adil and Nex Gen publishing.

3. Top Gear is launching an Indian version in a partnership with the Times Group.

Exciting times ahead for the Indian auto buff, wot?

GTO

Woohoo!!

I have two years of CAR and TopGear issues at home - from 2001 to 2003 - collected when I was working in Canada. CAR magazine is GREAT! TopGear - Ok, but I feel their quality has deteriorated a bit over time.

As you say, exciting times indeed! agree:

lets hope its not like the Motoring Times supplement that we get with TOI in mumbai.

about OD,off late the quality of the magazine was going down.everything from the paper used to the topics sukkkk nowadays.But ACI is not far behind.even ACI sukks nowadays.

so going by their names,CAR and TG shud provide us with some relief.
lets wait n watch.
this only means that henceforth,everymonth there will be 2 more magazines in our drawers

Thats a cool news GTO.

I am more happy for the OD as it will no longer be biased towards Bajaj in its reviews. I hope he doesn' have any favorites in cars else all the reviews of the CAR magazine will also be biased.

Hmm Top Gear & Times group, hope they come up with something good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO

GTO

Damn - just renewed my subscription - hope the print quality will be good as well as content - I think the original will still be superior - remember Auto Motor und Sport India and what happened to it. The German one was really thorough - used to read it when learning German

Got my collection of CAr from 2000 (had from 1988 but gave it to BS motoring) - am running out of shelf space !

Top Gear - overseas editions is pretty thin compared to the UK one

One thing for sure : Its going to raise the bar of automotive journalism in India with all these multinational players coming in.

Second, knowing the Times Group...every article will be paid for (advertorial) :D

GTO