Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2008, 14:05   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhga View Post
It probably implies that Fiat will phase out Palio as it is in the same segment as Vista.
Sad that the Palio has to make way for the Indica. I would have preferred it the other way round. But then if there were plenty of people who think like me, palio would have sold in bucketfuls.
Old 26th August 2008, 15:02   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Sad that the Palio has to make way for the Indica.
I would take it the other way round. Palio has to make way for the GP and Linea!

For FIAT to have a fresh start with the GP and Linea, it should get rid of the Palio first. The Palio carries all their burdens of service complaints, FE complaints, poor sales etc and it would be much better for FIAT if a customer doesn't connect the misfortunes of Palio to the GP and Linea, when they get launched.
Old 26th August 2008, 19:01   #18
BHPian

That’s a very positive news for the Tata-Fiat partnership. Things are taking shape and becoming clearer with time. I have always believed that these guys (tatas/fiats) are not small time business players.. they are big! and they must have chalked out a proper long term stretigic plan. Thats what exactly is showing up when you put different pieces together- Tata-Fiat JV, New Fiat Plant in Pune, Nano, Tata aquiring Land Rover and Jaguar, Fiat launching 500, Bravo, GP and Linea, IndicaVista with wide range of options. I may be wrong but that's how I see (or like to see ) it today- a thorough long term strategic global plan.

In the end, I am a happy Fiat fan because I see good quality cars coming to India on a sensible pricing with a fantastic combination of business sense (Tata), Quality(Fiat) and taste (both of them).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks