Team-BHP - What india needs is a SMART UTILITY VEHICLE (sUV)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   What india needs is a SMART UTILITY VEHICLE (sUV) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/44925-what-india-needs-smart-utility-vehicle-suv.html)

I have been thinking of posting this for a while. Now I think is the right time with lot of noise around banning SUVs. I think what India and the world need is a Smart UV or sUV. sUV will be as small as a super mini car, will have a FE of a Super mini car, have the suspections/GC/transmission of a SUV and seat 4 or max 5 people. This segment in india is totally missing. Some may point out we have maruti gypsy, Mahindra Jeep etc. but all these existing options are not very refined or having the latest technology especially in the engine department.

I am starting a poll on

If we have a good option of a smart Utility Vehicle would you -

1. Buy it even if you own a car and have it as your second car
2. Buy it only if you do not have a car
3. Will sell your existing car to buy it because you just want to have it
4. Not interested in owning such a vehicle.

Motorshows always have a healthy dose of concept cars featuring smart utility. I may be wrong but either Renault or Citroen and some Japs actually do make small utility cars, very inteliigent in space utilisation and versatility

this is a good segment not tapped in large.
Maybe the Skoda Yeti will get positioned here.

If this happens and who ever does it, I'am an assured customer for this vehicle provided then price it right.:)

SX4 is it's original avatar is actually a very small sports utility vehicle

would love to own a sx4 or terios or even jimny if released someday. we may see sandero stepway soon. i'm living on hope :D

I always loved the small SUV type cars.
I like Fusion.
On my trips to Malaysia, i always fancied the small/compact SUV's running there, manufactured by a local company "proton".
I have never driven one, so i dont know howaz the suspension, interiors or engine.
But the cars/concept looked cool.

Perhaps Maruti could cut the boot out of SX4 (indian version) and provide original with Diesel heart. This would make it a ideal sUV that will have smaller length but courage of Safari. priced at 6 to 8 lakhs would be a great buy for Indians.

these should IMHO have a raised chasis - better than the Fusion, and come with 16 inchers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firebird (Post 958038)
Perhaps Maruti could cut the boot out of SX4 (indian version) and provide original with Diesel heart. This would make it a ideal sUV that will have smaller length but courage of Safari. priced at 6 to 8 lakhs would be a great buy for Indians.

What India needs is Fiat Sedici.
With SX4 already here, I dont think we will have Sedici here.
I hope Maruti launches something similar.

I think what we need is this :)

courtesy: ::ITALIASPEED::

Fiat Sedici seems to be the sx4 hatch re badged for some country.

^^
Is that Fiat panda?
Awesome images BTW.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NIP (Post 958079)
Fiat Sedici seems to be the sx4 hatch re badged for some country.

Yup, thats a re badged SX4.
Sold in some countries by fiat.
But, AFAIK, where SX4 is in market, they dont sell Sedici and vice versa.

Some more pics guys. Couldn't resist myself ;-)

We suerly need the Fiat Panda 4 x 4,only i wish it had much bigger rubber it would look mean :)