Team-BHP - VW Phaeton on test.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   VW Phaeton on test. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/45364-vw-phaeton-test.html)

As soon as VW announce the to capture more market share in the Indian Auto industry, they also announced the launch of their flag ship model Phaeton. On Mumbai-B'lore highway when we reached Hubli, we spotted this VW Phaeton V6 3.6FSI testing. This car is being imported as Carnet just for test some new technologies.

Are you sure that's on test.
Because i have seen 2 phaetons in delhi already

This car is a Beauty! - 10 years ago!

VW cant be serious on launching this crap here! I say it a crap coz today it stands a crap comapred to the competition! the Passat looks much smarter given its 2003 Y.O.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 (Post 967845)

Ditto here. Seen one near Vasant Kunj/Mahipal pur, and it was chauffeured.

It can be a import, ive been seeing them from years.

The number plate is definately not Indian and am surprised to see that number plate because its illegal to carry a foreign country's number plate in India , definately not a test vehicle.

BTW why do the VW sedan look the same in apperance?
The Passat, Jetta and this Phaeton look almost similar in apperance especially from a distance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhik (Post 967939)
The number plate is definately not Indian and am surprised to see that number plate because its illegal to carry a foreign country's number plate in India , definately not a test vehicle.

BTW why do the VW sedan look the same in apperance?
The Passat, Jetta and this Phaeton look almost similar in apperance especially from a distance.

Dude, its on CARNET scheme, in which U can import any car for a temperory basis for six months. So its nbot illegal.

+1 on this. AFAIK, a certain senior politico of SP, has been using a deep blue Phateon for the last 2.5 years..

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 (Post 967845)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCEite (Post 967902)
Ditto here. Seen one near Vasant Kunj/Mahipal pur, and it was chauffeured.

I have seen this car with the German number plate at mahalaxmi too, a few weeks back, it was just as dirty, I thought it was consulate property, which would apply for CC registration later.

I don't think it is illegal to drive cars with number plates from other countries here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Insane Devil (Post 967891)

VW cant be serious on launching this crap here! I say it a crap coz today it stands a crap comapred to the competition! the Passat looks much smarter given its 2003 Y.O.

:)this car is anything BUT crap,infact its more luxurious than beemers and s class

:)so as compared to the competion its certainly ahead,aslo the latest version is 5.7 metres long, supposed to be longer than the 7 series

Quote:

Originally Posted by Insane Devil (Post 967891)

Beneath it, it is a Bentley withouut the dead cows and trees. It is extremely well engineered but it is a "Volkswagen" and looks like a Passat. They are extremely good value secondhand and they are not worth much!

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhik (Post 967939)

As long as the car is taken out, it is not an offense

Quote:

Originally Posted by hanmust (Post 967944)
Dude, its on CARNET scheme, in which U can import any car for a temperory basis for six months. So its nbot illegal.

Bro i meant "OWNING" one permanently not on a temporary basis with a lease plan no its not illegal but OWNING one is, after you have bought it, new or old, it has to be registered in that country.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat (Post 967997)
As long as the car is taken out, it is not an offense

:confused: Did'nt get you there??

It had the biggest and most powerful diesel engine when it was launched.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhik (Post 968005)
:confused: Did'nt get you there??

ok, exported out would be a better word