Team-BHP - Estilo Sports limited edition launched
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Estilo Sports limited edition launched (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/45515-estilo-sports-limited-edition-launched.html)

Maruti seems to be doing rounds with limited editions of small cars. After M800 Unique, it's Zen Estilo Sports that's been launched today. It's appearing in daily newspapers today. Here is what's stated in the ad-

"This Limited Edition version comes with striking sporty graphics, spacious interiors, upholdstered in a new sporty fabric, pulsating powerful music system, designer dashboard and a host of other exciting features."

Since I have just booked an Estilo last week, I enquired about it immediately with the dealerships ( Mycar & Chougule) but they don't have any information as yet. The sales person said they are not having any official communication for details. Surprising. There is no much info on the net also.

How can a limited edition be any more spacious? And I doubt about 'host of other exciting features'

The Maruti website also is not having any mention of Estilo Sports exept for the mension in price list.

Spacious interiors ? Maybe they've removed the rear seat!

Zen Estilo should be phased out and replaced by the Splash petrol!!

What the HELL is wrong with these people? Sport? What Sport? Is there some underlying definition of "Sport" that im missing here?

"This Limited Edition version comes with striking sporty graphics, spacious interiors, upholdstered in a new sporty fabric, pulsating powerful music system, designer dashboard and a host of other exciting features."

I don't see anything above that qualifies being called a 'Sport limited edition'. "new sporty fabric?" You've got to be kidding me, are we talking about cars or tracksuits?

This is funny. No power increase, no skirts/spoilers, what is sporty here ?

Saw the edition at Bimal Whitefield when I went there couple of days back. Yes it appears to be limited. Apart from the change of fabric from Beige to standard cloth color as in swift, I couldnt make out any difference

it seems there is a different definition of 'Sport' which we are not aware of!!
Both Civic Sport and Estillo Sport dont even have the 'S' of sportiness as we understand and what differentiates it from base model. Trying to fool the general public...

its nothing but an upgraded LXi model with sports stickers on the rear doors and hatch, fog lights, wheel caps, a double din mp3/aux-in kenwood stereo and two-tone black/ grey fabric on the seats. stock clearance sale.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sujai (Post 971455)

How could you make the estilo look sporty ? Maybe elongate its nose. Funny how many people fall for this. And as long as there are people falling for this, the car companies will continue to bring these 'sport' variants.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidindica (Post 971567)
its nothing but an upgraded LXi model with sports stickers on the rear doors and hatch, fog lights, wheel caps, a double din mp3/aux-in kenwood stereo and two-tone black/ grey fabric on the seats. stock clearance sale.

Exactly. To them "sporty" means having stickers on the body and not the body kits :D

May be they should have called it just "Limited edition".

Quote:

:Frustrati Is this a joke? But then, limited ed's are known to sell reasonably well. Just ask Ford.

I hope that the pricetag is the saving grace.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sujai (Post 971455)

More than the power increase, the Estilo needs a sporty body.
Ask guys who drive the same engine in Alto VXs.

if it's sporty, then how can they price it between the LXi and VXi?
If Maruti really intends to make it Sporty, then they should take the top model and add more features to it

It is just to boost the sales. May be MSIL wants to finish the Estilo stock so that Splash can be introduced. Once estilo is phased out/splash is rolled out no one will buy so producing limited edition may help in clearing the stock.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidindica (Post 971567)
stock clearance sale.

Exactly what I thought!! This car has been the worst possible successor to the legacy of the Zen! :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 971635)
I hope that the pricetag is the saving grace.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gods-envy (Post 971740)
if it's sporty, then how can they price it between the LXi and VXi?

No gaining point there eighter. Refer to the first post, it's just Rs. 402/- cheaper (ex-showroom) than Vxi :uncontrol. It's turning out to be a big joke now!