Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2005, 00:08   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Toyota India makes 3 year warranties standard!

Effective on all cars sold from the 1st of March, 2005...Toyota India covers its entire product range (Innova, Corolla and Camry) with a whopping 3 year / 100,000 km warranty.

Fantastic! THIS is belief in your product.

GTO

Source : Economic Times Article
Old 20th March 2005, 00:20   #2
Senior - BHPian

Sets you thinking....

Any feedback on the Innova, GT? I like what I read about it, even if I'm not particularly taken up by its looks. Was considering turning in my car for it, next time I'm at home. No sense in letting a petrol car sit at home and do nothing much except be driven around by old folk.

Cheers

Steer
Old 20th March 2005, 03:51   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

What about hyundai 4 years/ 80000km warranty on elantra and sonata?
They have started the trend.
I still have to check out the innova properly.
Old 20th March 2005, 10:05   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Any feedback on the Innova, GT? I like what I read about it, even if I'm not particularly taken up by its looks. Was considering turning in my car for it, next time I'm at home. No sense in letting a petrol car sit at home and do nothing much except be driven around by old folk.
Steeroid, the Innova is quite simply one of the most astonishing automobiles to be offered on sale in India. Astonishing in terms of the utility, refinement, dual-character and quality that it offers. I had a brief drive in one, and was just amazed at how this machine picks the best qualities of cars from different body styles (Sedan, MUV, SUV etc.) and combines them into one package. You really wont care about the looks when you see what this package has to offer.

But more relevant to your position, I think its worse to have a diesel car sitting at home than a petrol.

GTO
Old 20th March 2005, 14:10   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini
What about hyundai 4 years/ 80000km warranty on elantra and sonata?
I got a 4 year extended warranty on my Accent 02 on request - they verified the service history of the car after my original 2 year (1 year standard + 1 year extnded) had lapsed when I asked whether they would extend the warranty they offer on their current cars to mine as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
But more relevant to your position, I think its worse to have a diesel car sitting at home than a petrol.
Diesel cars dont sit at home - they go out for private trips to known people and give fairly good returns. My friend's Qualis pays for itself this way since he's taken it on finance. Its not a taxi, but it runs enough to pay his installments. Plus, he gets the car to himself whenever he's back in India.

Steer
Old 20th March 2005, 14:57   #6
Team-BHP Support

Good strategy to ensure dealers get the service business !
Old 20th March 2005, 15:12   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
Good strategy to ensure dealers get the service business !
And why not, if the service is good? Never taken my car elsewhere!
Old 20th March 2005, 16:00   #8
Senior - BHPian

In numerous countries, the manufacturers offer a 5-7 year warranty. I am not too sure about the mileage though. 100,000km in India is a lot in terms of wear and tear. Anyone heard of unlimited mileage warranty anywhere?
Old 20th March 2005, 16:05   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeps
In numerous countries, the manufacturers offer a 5-7 year warranty. I am not too sure about the mileage though. 100,000km in India is a lot in terms of wear and tear. Anyone heard of unlimited mileage warranty anywhere?
I believe daewoo in its days was offering unlimited warranty for 3 years on the matiz spice. but not too sure. i remember seeing those unlimited mileage stickers on the backs of matiz' .

Drifter
Old 20th March 2005, 16:28   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeps
Hyundai and its twin Kia offers 3 year unlimited mileage warranties in many European markets. Unless I'm mistaken, Telco does the same - or something similar - for the City Rover in the UK too.

Stter
Old 20th March 2005, 16:42   #11
BHPian

I hope this rubs off on Skoda India who surprisingly do not even offer an extended warranty on additional payment.

Viky
Old 20th March 2005, 19:25   #12
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Diesel cars dont sit at home - they go out for private trips to known people and give fairly good returns. My friend's Qualis pays for itself this way since he's taken it on finance. Its not a taxi, but it runs enough to pay his installments. Plus, he gets the car to himself whenever he's back in India.

Steer
LOL dude, if its a commercial proposition...of course its going to be an entirely different ballgame.

GTO
Old 20th March 2005, 19:56   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

honda and toyota have such a reputation of reliablity that even if they offer no warranty at all people will buy their cars.
Old 20th March 2005, 21:30   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Effective on all cars sold from the 1st of March, 2005...Toyota India covers its entire product range (Innova, Corolla and Camry) with a whopping 3 year / 100,000 km warranty.

Fantastic! THIS is belief in your product.

GTO

Source : Economic Times Article
it is not the warranty in itself - we must read the fine print to find out whats up!

but it's a start - though i wouldn't really put anything in it. you can give free service and jack up the spare parts by 5% to compensate -

the final deal is how much you spend as against the other cars in the same bracket - in terms of maintenance . everything else is marketing hype...
Old 20th March 2005, 23:08   #15
Senior - BHPian

This is great stuff but i agree with anshuman too!
I have always loved MPV's but I personally don't like the Innova's looks. But yea, i do hope that the Innova succeds big time here. Maybe then we will see some amazing MPV's like Honda FR-V, Opel Zafira, Fiat Multipla/Idea etc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks