Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2008, 13:42   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
condor, even if a solitary member reported such a figure I think thats highly disputable. If there had even been a remote possibility of achieving such a thing in regular driving (even highways) Maruti would have latched onto it long back. Knowing the way this country hankers for FE figures (rightly so to some extent, IMO) I believe a mainstream ad for 27 kmpl figures would increase that queue to a year's worth, if not more. And I am sure Maruti won't complain.

As for Automags, their FE figures particularly the ones derived from all those closed door contests they run the lesser said is the better.
If somone is solely concerned about extracting best fuel economy, such figues are possible as demostarted by Autocar folks driving a diesel Fiesta to Mumbai from bangaore on a tankful. If I remember right that worked out to be 33km/ltr
Old 12th September 2008, 14:08   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
If somone is solely concerned about extracting best fuel economy, such figues are possible as demostarted by Autocar folks driving a diesel Fiesta to Mumbai from bangaore on a tankful. If I remember right that worked out to be 33km/ltr
Yes, and I'd assume this particular test was a clincher for the Fiesta. Whatever good numbers the Fiesta did and is doing eventually, is courtesy that test. Hell, even the petrol Fiesta gave 22 kmpl on that test!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks