Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2008, 21:51   #16
Team-BHP Support

Bottom line - Audi have sewn up most of China so they are not too concerned. Why do you think the Audi snouts look like they do!
Old 25th September 2008, 22:16   #17
Team-BHP Support

They also need a better website. Horrible website with absolutely no details on the models available in India. Has anyone tried the site?
Old 16th November 2008, 19:13   #18
BHPian

Both the petrol and diesel versions of the A4 are FWD's.

Besides that everything else within the car is the same. ( Technical Stuff )

The above was told by the dealer today when i went to TD the car, Also told by the dealer was that they have come out with Petrol 2.0. I went on and asked him in the difference between the two versions, petrol and diesel. The simple answer i got was, Petrol 3.2 takes around 7.3 seconds to reach 100, whereas the diesel one takes 8.6 seconds. My question is, if the one is to take the car not so because of the "power" purpose, how is the A4?

BTW, I Test Drove the petrol version, will be TDing a diesel version soon, as that one wasnt available.
Old 17th November 2008, 13:55   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3adlythegame View Post
Both the petrol and diesel versions of the A4 are FWD's.

Besides that everything else within the car is the same. ( Technical Stuff )

The above was told by the dealer today when i went to TD the car, Also told by the dealer was that they have come out with Petrol 2.0. I went on and asked him in the difference between the two versions, petrol and diesel. The simple answer i got was, Petrol 3.2 takes around 7.3 seconds to reach 100, whereas the diesel one takes 8.6 seconds. My question is, if the one is to take the car not so because of the "power" purpose, how is the A4?

BTW, I Test Drove the petrol version, will be TDing a diesel version soon, as that one wasnt available.

Hi, AFAIK - there are currently only 1 petrol and 1 diesel engine option each, on the new Audi A4:

The petrol being sold is the 3.2 FSI, which is in Quattro form as standard.
The diesel is the 2.0 TDI which is FWD.

I understand that Audi is testing the 3.0 TDI Quattro for the A4.

If they are planning the 2.0 TFSI for the petrol A4, it will be a FWD for sure.

Cheers !
Old 17th November 2008, 14:07   #20
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3adlythegame View Post
Also told by the dealer was that they have come out with Petrol 2.0.
Really? Which petrol? I'd have thought the RS 1.8 would be the best fit for the A4 (just as in the previous gen).

Quote:
The simple answer i got was, Petrol 3.2 takes around 7.3 seconds to reach 100, whereas the diesel one takes 8.6 seconds.
Fat chance the diesel, with 14x horses, does it in 8.6.

Quote:
My question is, if the one is to take the car not so because of the "power" purpose, how is the A4?
Competent, but the C & 3 are dynamically superior. The C rides better and the 3 drives better. They have better / wider aftersales too and would, arguably, fetch a better resale.
Old 17th November 2008, 14:24   #21
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I can't wait to see their monthly sales but can safely assume that they wont be a patch on the competition.
In Bangalore A4's seem to be selling like hot cakes. You see one almost on every single road. The new C comes next & behind by quite a margin. 3 series Beemers are very rare. Most people buy the 5/7 series by the looks of it.

PS: This is my take by the actual sightings of the cars on road over the last 2-3 months. Would be surely surprised if the actual sales charts threw up different numbers.
Old 17th November 2008, 18:58   #22
BHPian

Competent, but the C & 3 are dynamically superior. The C rides better and the 3 drives better. They have better / wider aftersales too and would, arguably, fetch a better resale.

Exactly, my view. I just booked a 320d ( baseline ) for daily use.

I'm very happy with the BMW service and am enjoying the 530d which I got recently.

As GTO points out, AUDI needs to take a reality check and get their act together. They need better trained dealers coupled with competent service centres.

Last edited by ecclipse78 : 17th November 2008 at 19:01.
Old 17th November 2008, 23:23   #23
BHPian

Hi GTO

How do you think long term reliability and build quality of Audi specially A4 stand against it's competitors. If they follow the same lousy practises as Skoda and VW then even at lower prices it wont do well.
I sat in an A4 the diesel one and was amazed at interior quality and finish as opposed to the C. Seeing where the A4 pricing is it actually provides a lot better compared to the C and the 3 though its not very powerful.
From where I see things going. The new E and 5 will be priced above 50lakhs and the A4,C,3 will range from 30-40.So I hate to say this but soon these cars will be out of reach for many of us prospective buyers (:

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks