Team-BHP - fUSION+ DRIVE 18kmpl
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   fUSION+ DRIVE 18kmpl (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/4715-fusion-drive-18kmpl.html)

hI bhp ins.
Took my Fusion+ from Chennai to Trich and back and drove for about 800 KMs. Just drove at 120KMph steadily, with 3200rpm and the car was doing very well. Nice power, good steering response.
good road grip, Nice Cornering with very little role.
my approximate calculations for Fuel consumption is 18KMS in the highways and it surely gives more than 13kms in the city.
have to sit down, seggregate driving conditions and wait for the tank to empty out to get the final mileage.
shall have to sit down and write a detailed review

That is phenomenal. Wowww!

Not really phenomenal. I took my Mercedes to the farmhouse last weekend, and at 5 a.m. in the morning...for extended periods of driving at a constant 80 - 90 km/h, it returned 14.xx. kmpl. Thats not really indicative of a cars daily fuel efficiency.

GTO

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO
Not really phenomenal. I took my Mercedes to the farmhouse last weekend, and at 5 a.m. in the morning...for extended periods of driving at a constant 80 - 90 km/h, it returned 14.xx. kmpl. Thats not really indicative of a cars daily fuel efficiency.

GTO

Oh okay. But I really did not expect this from a Ford, so ....

Its really good. I expected it to be a bit of a guzzler like the Ikon. Not bad at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO

GTO

very right.
Let me see how this mileage goes as time goes on.
will keep u guys posted. After all, first hand experiences are the best for letting other people decide

Quote:

Originally Posted by islero
Its really good. I expected it to be a bit of a guzzler like the Ikon. Not bad at all.

Islero ,

the ikon isnt a guzzler ...dont know from where people get this impressions.

i regularly get between 12 and 13 kmpl - normal driving. ok you may say i have a free flow and K&N filter but even before that i used to regularly get a figure of 11.5 - 12 KMPL.....

so......

my ikon gives 10-12 in bangalore city with ac on when engine warm, funny thing whenever i put IFTEX the mileage improves marginally :P

darn i ran out of it recently :(

and i forgot to add mileage with driver at wheels below 10.. 8-9 my guess

rl:

Hey vsn,
Thats a pretty decent mileage figures you are getting on your Fusion+.And i believe you have just brought this car recently.And presuming its still in its run-in period,that FE is decent.Just drive around for a few thousand kms and see to yourself what FE it comes up with.In my view you should be getting around 22-24kmpl highway FE.
Keep us updated.

X

22-24 kmpl for a 100 bhp engine? I would call it simply unbelievable. Anything that exceeds 16 kmpl (on highway) is fantastic (for 100+ bhp Petrol engine).

I have got an average of 18 kmpl on my GTX once when i drove it from coimbatore to bangalore. It was about 350 kms on the highway and about 100 kms in bangalore city!!!

Depends on the way we drive. I drove with a very light foot and stayed below 3000 rpm most of the times. The torque i get in the GTX lets me do that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RX135
22-24 kmpl for a 100 bhp engine? I would call it simply unbelievable. Anything that exceeds 16 kmpl (on highway) is fantastic (for 100+ bhp Petrol engine).

I was stunned when i read on Overdrive that the Octavia RS gave a maximum of 21 kmpl. Imagine....150bhp, 0-100 in less than 9s and an FE of about16-18kmpl. Amazing stuff!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deeps
I was stunned when i read on Overdrive that the Octavia RS gave a maximum of 21 kmpl. Imagine....150bhp, 0-100 in less than 9s and an FE of about16-18kmpl. Amazing stuff!!!

Yep! Those figures would put Hondas to shame. But then, 78 bhp NHC gave them 25 kmpl. Even better than our good ol' Maruti 800. I dont know what these guys do with the cars, take up hill and roll them down? lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by X-Machine
Hey vsn,
Thats a pretty decent mileage figures you are getting on your Fusion+.And i believe you have just brought this car recently.And presuming its still in its run-in period,that FE is decent.Just drive around for a few thousand kms and see to yourself what FE it comes up with.In my view you should be getting around 22-24kmpl highway FE.
Keep us updated.

X

hi thanks.
I just was worried that something was wrong with the fuel indicator.
I usually do not look at FE in any machine.
Lemme properly measureit next time.
I am getting curious myself

:OT I never find OD FE figures realistic enough. They might be testing with the best driver in world to extract highest figures, but then not everyone is the best driver in world. I find ACI to be far closer to reality.