Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2008, 17:23   #1
BHPian

Help me trace my FIL's Gypsy (the body was modified to be 1-foot wider!)

Hey Congrats! This Was Wonderful Team Bhp Effort! > http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintag...veldeep-7.html

Since I Am A New Member And Can Not Yet Post New Threads - Let's See If We All Can Help Trace My Father - In - Law's Modified Gypsy From Delhi. It Was A Gypsy That Had Been Cut Vertically (lengthwise) And Another 1 Foot Was Added To Make It Extra Wide. It Has A Isuzu 2.4ltr Diesel Engine On It And Had Alloy Wheels. It Had A The 5 Th Wheel On The Rear Door Mounted On An Individually Folding Mounting System. It Was A Hard Top With Air-con Condensor On Roof Top As Well. It Looks Huge And Big Because Of Additional One Foot Of Width. It Was A 2 Tone Color - British Racing Green And Golden. I Seriously Wish I Had Pictures Of This Machine - It Was A Simply Mind Blowing Machine That Could Take In Any Load And Any Terrain Or Gradient!

Let Me Know If Any One Has Ever Spotted It. It Was Stolen About A Year Ago But Then At That Time I Was Not Aware Of This Forum.

Lets Utilise The Power Of This Forum To Make It Happen For My Father In Law!

Last edited by Rehaan : 9th October 2008 at 22:30. Reason: Link added / post split.
Old 9th October 2008, 22:32   #2
Team-BHP Support

Hey SA7VA5,

I have split your post to a new thread. (Please review the Announcements section - all newbies have the permissions to post threads themselves!).

Given that this gypsy is 1 FOOT WIDER than a regular gypsy i really wouldnt be suprised if several TBHP members have already seen it.

If you can manage to find a picture somewhere - that would be great.

Goodluck,
R

PS - On a related note, what happens if the insurance has already paid for a stolen car, and then months later it is found?
Old 9th October 2008, 22:39   #3
BHPian

RE(IMO): to the PS

I think its the owner's bad/good luck if the car is found before the insurance payment is settled, depending upon the state of the car.
Old 10th October 2008, 14:22   #4
BHPian

Well in this Gypsy's case it was sheer bad luck as it was only third party damage insured hence no money was recovered from the insurance company!
Old 10th October 2008, 16:18   #5
BHPian

sure will keep an eye...
my gut feeling says that it could be traced in mayapuri junk market where all the jeeps and gypsys are restored and sold...you can also find stolen parts of other cars from this market.
Old 10th October 2008, 16:34   #6
BHPian

will let you know if i get to know about it.BTW dont you think that since 1 yr has already passed then chances of getting it back is less.
Old 10th October 2008, 17:04   #7
Senior - BHPian

Will keep an eye on karol bagh seconds car market, to be visited this weekend.
Old 10th October 2008, 18:00   #8
BHPian

Well I am quite positive this car is out of Delhi because the thief would know that if he drove it in Delhi he would have very very high chances of being caught. Specially since this vehicle was so unique.

My gut says that this vehicle would have landed up somewhere in the north east or the terai region for doing the business in the hills. This was a monster of a vehicle though it looked ordinary but had a fantastic engine and gradability.

Let me see if i can dig any picture of this vehicle.

It had the original Gypsy dashboard chopped in the center and duly elongated by addiding material from another dashboard. It had all forward facing seats by the way and the bonnet was slightly raised in the center to accomodate the huge 2.4ltr diesel Isuzu engine.

Lets keep on the look out team!

It will be a great big victory of this forum to find it - ALIVE!
Old 11th October 2008, 12:16   #9
Senior - BHPian

Please take into account the high probability of it being stripped completely for sale as parts.
Old 1st December 2008, 13:09   #10
BHPian

Any update?

Hey Team!

Has anyone spotted this yet or out of sight out of mind?

Cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks