Team-BHP - Maruti losing the DDIS for Dzire? - Is it true?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Maruti losing the DDIS for Dzire? - Is it true? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/47284-maruti-losing-ddis-dzire-true.html)

Heard unconfirmed reports that Maruti will not be given DDIS engines as they fitted them in to the Dzire which they werent supposed to. If that happens that could be a trouble for them. Has any one heard this bit?

Hun , how come.

That will be seriously bad news for prospective dzire ddis buyers . And it may mean maruti loose a good amount of the dzire sales , people would rather prefer swift diesel in that case.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arunk (Post 1011699)
Heard unconfirmed reports that Maruti will not be given DDIS engines as they fitted them in to the Dzire which they werent supposed to. If that happens that could be a trouble for them. Has any one heard this bit?

Isn't Maruti manufacturing these engines themselves with Bosch help? Also, who will not give?

Quote:

Originally Posted by arunk (Post 1011699)

What does the under lined part mean. They fitted them into Dzire which they werent supposed to.

1) Suzuki is producing this engine under license, so they can put it in any car they want.

2) Swift and Swift Dzire are using the same engine, so what is really the matter ?

3) Is it that the tuning of engine is different in Dzire and Swift hatch ? I dont think so, specially for the diesel. If engine tuning is different then it can cause some trouble, but again not a major one.

I am not really aware of the jargon but I heard it from a maruti dealer himself and so thought might ask you guys if this can be true! It may well be just a nothing statement going by what aagoswami is telling us

Quote:

Originally Posted by arunk (Post 1011721)
I am not really aware of the jargon but I heard it from a maruti dealer himself and so thought might ask you guys if this can be true! It may well be just a nothing statement going by what aagoswami is telling us

Might just be to push SX4 sales. Or Dzire petrol sales.

i hope this doesnt happen, will be a minor setback for maruti as they have already made enough money and maybe doubled or tripled the expected sales for the swift twins.

Maruti may go for some newer vendor for a Diesel engine, maybe a NIssan? what say guys?

the thread says maruti will not be ""given ddis"",since ddis is common in both swift and dzire,will it be for both

Nothing of the sort will happen. The Dzire will continue with the DDIS engines.

Just useless rumors.

and nice thread - it'll push more last minute bookings for the dZire :p

Baseless rumours which has been doing rounds from the last 2months or more.

I contacted many good friends in Maruti and Tata. There was no truth whatsoever.

maruti is not a buffoon that they would just start producing cars without a backing. also, who would deny maruti the engines that they themselves are producing. very bad paanwaala rumours boss.

Plain rumours.

I think this thread needs to be locked, unless there is some absolutely concrete info.

Quote:

Originally Posted by normally_crazy (Post 1011757)
Nothing of the sort will happen. The Dzire will continue with the DDIS engines.

I agree.

This is utter nonsense. Dealer is probably trying to push the petrol variant due to the waiting period of the diesel variants.

With waiting periods of six months that is always extended further they need to jack up production rather than stop producing Diesel DZire. It would be nice infact if they were held up by GM-Fiat or whoever they have the tech tie up to produce it for the DZire. Then Maruti will end up producing less of the ugly duckling Dzire and actually take up booking for hatch Swift but that ain't gonna happen.

I have to agree with 4X4addict that its a dealer trying to close a deal sooner.