Team-BHP - Feasibility study ON for mysterious new C/D segment car in Delhi EDIT: Its Citroen
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Feasibility study ON for mysterious new C/D segment car in Delhi EDIT: Its Citroen (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/47775-feasibility-study-mysterious-new-c-d-segment-car-delhi-edit-its-citroen.html)

i went to see the Maruti A-star in TIVOLI GARDEN, MEHRAULI, DELHI (finally saw one in virgn blue colour-not impressed at all) then suddenly one discussion caught my eye.

IMRD, a leading market research group is conducting a feasibility study of a mysterious C/ D/ E segment car which is actually on display in TIVOLI GARDEN, MEHRAULI, DELHI, in a huge tent (semi-circle shape, just opposite to the A-star), with no monogram and identity.

DESPITE MY REPEATED REQUESTS, I HAD A BRAWL WITH THEM FOR 30 MINUTES AND WAS TURNED AWAY BY THOSE .

Guys, please help me in uncloaking this mystery.
what car could it be?
is it really important for the Indian Market?
is it something we have never seen before?

the vehicle is inside the tent only TILL FRIDAY.

request to all Delhites: Can anyone go and find out?

CRITERIA:

ONLY THOSE PERSONS WHO OWN A 3-BOX UPPER C-SEGMENT CAR (HONDA CITY, VERNA ETC) ARE ALLOWED TO ENTER THERE. MOREOVER, YOU HAVE TO SHOW A PROOF THAT THE CAR IS IN YOUR OWN NAME (CAR DOCUMENTS)

OTHERWISE, YOU WILL FACE THE SAME SITUATION WHICH I DID TODAY.

waiting for your replys and findings,

sid

Dude! How you are able to get the information of every new car, is amazing. Keep up the work. Kudos to you.:)

I will try to find it out.
Maybe its the Kizaski ( i hope i spelled it correctly ) or a SX4 Deisel.

I have to go to mehrauli on friday itself , so will go there to check it out.

Will a Skoda octavia do , or do i have to take a upper C segment car only

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 (Post 1022944)
I will try to find it out.
Maybe its the Kizaski ( i hope i spelled it correctly ) or a SX4 Deisel.

I have to go to mehrauli on friday itself , so will go there to check it out.

Will a Skoda octavia do , or do i have to take a upper C segment car only

skoda octavia is perfect.

as I mentioned before, any delhite who owns a upper c-segment car (verna, city, fiesta, aveo-minimum requirements) or above can qualify.

I have a Santro, so I cannot.

had it been the SX4 diesel,then why would the criteria be upper c segment car.
it is definately something in the d segment.HAD visted TIVOLI LAST saturday,but didnt knew that A STAR and unknown vehicle is already there.

a friend of mine is doing some course in Market Research from mumbai. he called me today regarding the same asked me to visit it. the brand people are discussing here is peugeot.
he also told me if you show them that you have a car above 50lacs at home and your decision matters when it comes to deciding what car to buy, then they will give you some gift voucher worth 1500 bucks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by white_vdi (Post 1022985)
a friend of mine is doing some course in Market Research from mumbai. he called me today regarding the same asked me to visit it. the brand people are discussing here is peugeot.
he also told me if you show them that you have a car above 50lacs at home and your decision matters when it comes to deciding what car to buy, then they will give you some gift voucher worth 1500 bucks.

the 1500 gift voucher fact is true, but I am not sure of the 50 lakh criteria.

I was told any C/C+/D segment owner can participate in this feasibility study.

If the brand in question is PSA Peugeot-citroen, then the survey must be conducted for CITROEN C6, which was supposed to be in India 2 years back.

peugeot , other than the 10-year old 607, does not have any big saloon in its lineup and therefore, the C6 is my only guess.

could it be that renault may be conducting a study for laguna?

another possibilities:

hyundai avante
fiat linea(may be-may not be)
volvo S40
new Mitsubishi lancer (galant fortis)
chevrolet cruze/epica?
or ford focus?

The possibilities I see
1) Suzuki SX4 diesel ( from G3HC effect ).
2) Suzuki Kizashi. We have spy shots available, and for sure this is coming. Dont know when and hence in this list.
3) Toyota Corolla Diesel.
4) Peugeot 407.
5) Renault Laguna.

Feasibility study. 50 lakh , sounds kinda fishy.
Can be an import like Audi A3 also.
Maybe even some hybrid like Prius or something .

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidindica (Post 1022961)
I have a Santro, so I cannot.

Gosh! I thought you would have been an Indica owner :)

Sitting here in Mumbai I cannot oblige but seems most likely to be a Suzuki Kizashi 3 Concept, though Rs.50 lacs takes the Kizashi out of the reckoning.

Hold on - Let me see if I can Google Earth it... lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by freddie (Post 1023059)
Gosh! I thought you would have been an Indica owner :)

Sitting here in Mumbai I cannot oblige but seems most likely to be a Suzuki Kizashi 3 Concept, though Rs.50 lacs takes the Kizashi out of the reckoning.

Hold on - Let me see if I can Google Earth it... lol:

WOW WOW and WOW are the only word after looking at the Kizashi Artistic impression !!

Sounds like the car belongs to a manufacturer, who has no idea about Indian market. 1500 Gift voucher points to a serious lack of understanding.

Might be Peugeot-citroen or even Renault

It is either Citroen doing a market survey for the C6 or C5.

Or Renault Nissan doing a survey for the Laguna.

Most likely a French manufacturer.

Quote:

Citroen all set to enter India

September 22, 2006

Citroen, part of the PSA group (which includes Peugeot) and the second largest French car manufacturer is all set to enter India.
Citroen officials confirmed that the dealer hunt is on saying, "We have already talked to a few dealers and we are very happy with the outcome, but we have not decided a particular date or model."
Citroen will make an entry via the completely built unit (CBU) route.
The manufacturer has a fine array of cars and the C6 (comparable to the Mercedes-Benz E-Class) will be a likely candidate.
Quote:

Citroen in talks with local players for India entry

Saturday, Mar 08, 2008

The Hindu Business Line : Citroen in talks with local players for India entry

Citroen C5 at the Geneva car show.

S. Muralidhar

Recently in Geneva The French presence in the Indian automobile industry could receive a boost within the next couple of years with the entry of Citroen. Encouraged by the success of Renault and undeterred by the hurried exit of parent brand Peugeot a few years ago, Citroen is now exploring the possibility of entering the Indian market and may join hands with a local partner.

Speaking to Business Line at the company’s stall at the Geneva Motor Show, the company spokesperson Ms Gro Hoeg said that Citroen is in talks for a possible India entry. She however, refused to name the parties with whom the company is currently engaged in discussions.

The Citroen brand is part of the PSA Peugeot Citroen Group. It has a strong French and European presence and has the entire range of passenger vehicles under the umbrella brand. Of particular interest to the Indian market would be its small cars and compact sedans.

Talking about its products, the Citroen spokesperson said that the company has cars like the C1 and C2 which are small hatches that will be suitable for the Indian market. Incidentally, the C1 is a small car which is made on the same platform and re-badged as the Toyota Aygo and the Peugeot 107, by the companies in a three-way joint manufacturing venture. It is not clear whether Citroen will eventually set up a wholly-owned subsidiary in India or will want to adopt the contract manufacturing route. Citroen’s most iconic car was the 2CV, which along with the Volkswagen Beetle was among the first people’s car to be built.

Freddie!

That is ONE beautiful car! I can't stop drooling!

Unbelievable. Sid, does your boss know you are doing this fulltime? :D

Thanks a ton for working so hard for all of us!