Team-BHP - Skoda Fabia combi - with pix.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Skoda Fabia combi - with pix. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/47973-skoda-fabia-combi-pix.html)

Hi All,
I was covering the Lakme fashion week and Skoda has the Fabia Combi on display at the venue. I spoke to a chap from the corporate office about the car and he commented that the car was not due for launch anytime soon and that this was just a brand building exercise. He however commented that a launch may be probable in the next 8 - 12 month horizon based on customer research and feedback. He had no comments on other skoda models.
Look at the pictures and decide. Its large - and I personally dont like it. For your info the car will be on display till 10 pm tonight at NCPA, Bombay. ( Outside the entrance to the auditorium).

nice pictures

launching a sedan based on this would make much more sense to compete with the latest Honda City and others. This can come at a later stage too.
Nice vehicle but that stupid stickering is ruining the show

Good Catch.

those decals s4ck. But wagons are great, we need more wagons. Something like the SX4, wagonized, and a 150bhp diesel engine would be great for somebody in the burbs, like me. Add AWD if you can.
Yes I'd like a pony too.

Looks pretty elongated!
Is there a third row of seats or is it just a huge boot?
The stickers/graphics are an eyesore - definitely not attractive!
How large is it compared to the innova?

I am not quite sure how much this model would sell. Majority of Indian have never tended to accept the estate versions of any car. The only 1 which got a little response was the Indigo Marina. Majority of them have never really taken off. The Octavia Combi, although a very neat package, never really sold.
This is really true since time immemorable with even the Premier Padmini Safari not doing well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenjiRoss (Post 1028277)
Looks pretty elongated!

Thats the reason its called a combi (a wagon). Its not a hatchback.

I am in fact waiting for such a car. I prefer wagons to sedans any day. I feel the wagons are a lot more practical. It is a pity that Skoda is not launching it in India in the near future.

Skoda had a bad experience with the Octavia combi. Not sure what will be the response for fabia combi if it is launched

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenjiRoss (Post 1028277)
Looks pretty elongated!

The boot is big, but cant make out the actual size because of the parcel shelf / cover. I would estimate it to be as big as the Indigo marina if not a bit longer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deepakhon (Post 1028325)
I am in fact waiting for such a car. I prefer wagons to sedans any day. I feel the wagons are a lot more practical. It is a pity that Skoda is not launching it in India in the near future.

Skoda has had an horrible experience with Station wagons, their being wary is understood

Cheers
AC

I'm sure it's the stickers that make it look terrible. The pics I have seen on the UK website suggest the car is a pretty good looker.

And what's wrong with Skoda? They've been road testing this car for sometime I hear. Now they call this a brand building exercise. Maybe they are delaying the launch just like they did with the Fabia.

I feel this will be a very practical car. Was looking forward to it's launch in December (as reported by Auto Bild).

Somehow i like the station wagons or the combis.

Gives a muscular and more masculine look that the respective sedans/hatches

Hope it is priced properly though i doubt it.

We have another failure car for sure as station wagons are never acceptable in India.

Estates, for some reason, just haven't clicked in India. It could be that we don't need all that space or there are image issues. Plus, Skoda isn't exactly going to be able to price the Combi competitively, considering how they drew the Fabias shocker tag.

Skoda ought to save their energy and instead focus on taking better care of their existing customers with superior after-sales.

Car looks strictly ok. I never liked the looks of the current Fabia anyway. I dont think Skoda should even launch this. They would be just burning their fingers. As GTO mentioned, Indian buyers havent taken a liking to station wagons. Instead Skoda should think of new ways to better the Fabia hatch with a better price tag and think about the localization of parts so that their service becomes a bit pocket friendly. The current Octavia is old too now.