Team-BHP - Hyundai Tucson
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Hyundai Tucson (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/4850-hyundai-tucson-3.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by nfs3000
I'm sure toyota fortuner will be a value for money

Value for money !!!! Well , there hasn't been a single Toyota yet in india which you can associate with the term VFM ! However ,i am preety sure, even if toyota prices Fortuner a lac + than Cr-v(though i hope and pray they dont) , it ll still kill the competition by a long margin coz Fortuner excels in every thing/term compared to the existing Small SUV's and above all it is a (genuine) toyota like INNOVA .

Yeah, Im sure Fortuner will be overpriced but still popular, just like other Toyotas except the Camry.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beemer
Value for money !!!! Well , there hasn't been a single Toyota yet in india which you can associate with the term VFM ! However ,i am preety sure, even if toyota prices Fortuner a lac + than Cr-v(though i hope and pray they dont) , it ll still kill the competition by a long margin coz Fortuner excels in every thing/term compared to the existing Small SUV's and above all it is a (genuine) toyota like INNOVA .

Hey I disagree there - both the Qualis and now the Innova were good value for money. In fact I would go so far as to say the Innova is FANTASTIC value for money. And if you disagree, kindly explain how the Qualis notched up such sales in India which is the world's most price conscious market? And the Innova has sold over 4000 in the first month.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nfs3000
Toyota's new SUV Fortuner is going to be much better when launched at the end of 2005, when compared to all the existing SUV's.

Have you seen the car, dude? What are the specs for the model coming to India?

saw one passing me today
looked good but not great
anyways wayyy better than terracan
looks more meaner & powerful

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnjacob
Hey I disagree there - both the Qualis and now the Innova were good value for money. In fact I would go so far as to say the Innova is FANTASTIC value for money. And if you disagree, kindly explain how the Qualis notched up such sales in India which is the world's most price conscious market? And the Innova has sold over 4000 in the first month.

Well i am sorry dude but i beg to differ ! How can a 3 generations(more than 20 years, internationally) old model which costs around 7 lac + be known as a VFM car !!!
But yes innova is an excellent vehicle but i would still say that Toyota has priced it a bit on the higher side .

And as far as the sales is concerned see the corrola , from the day it was launched is topping the sales chart ,month after month . Now would you call it as VFM !! It ain't necessary that if a car(in india) topping the sales is a vfm .

The Qualis was defenitely overpriced, but sold well mainly because during its prime, its only rivals were the Sumo and Bolero. The Qualis was not very brilliant in refinement, but those two were agricultural in comparison. And there was of course, the Toyota reliability and build quality which are the reasons why people were ready to pay an almost unfair premium for an extremely outdated product.

Corolla also is highly priced ( you can get Accords for that money in other countries), but again, it has many good qualitites, meaning people dont mind paying extra.

Both the Qualis and Innova are in the 'people-carrier' segment where over-pricing would have immediately killed Toyota in the market. They seem to have done a good job with the Innova positioning as a family car and will get away with its pricing. However, the commercial buyers seem to be going for Tavera in droves.

In the Indian car segment, Toyota see themselves in the 'premium bracket' whereas abroad these are 'janata' cars, specifically Corolla.. I am afraid Toyota will have more of this 'premium' syndrome when it comes to the Fortuner. Also, factor in the Landcruiser story and Toyota ends up with a bigger head. In all probability, Fortuner will get priced above Tucson, although I am wishing to hell that it comes out in the 10L range. Toyota are also pretty vague about the launch time-frame.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitinbhag
In all probability, Fortuner will get priced above Tucson

You are preety right coz it seems that it is more or less ahead(from its rivals) in each and every term and above all its a TOYOTA . But IMO , if Toyota wants it can easily price the vehicle in the price range from 10-12 lacs as i ve been told from Toyota guys that it may get assembled here(though i dont know how much they are sure of), and still make loads of profit outta it ,but seeing the way the indian SUV market is heading ,its out of reckoning .

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitinbhag
although I am wishing to hell that it comes out in the 10L range.

Keep on dreaming man ..... lol:

Saw two of them in Delhi in the past few days, a black and a silver one. Spotted an X-Trail too. I'm not a soft-roader fan, so i'm not much clued onto them. Both look kinda ok though.

Manti.