Team-BHP - GM to drive in 'Cruze' in India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   GM to drive in 'Cruze' in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/48905-gm-drive-cruze-india-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaggoswami (Post 1051651)
But 15 lakh is too high price. Must not cross 13 IMHO.
Space, ride and handling are good considering the present cars recently developed by GM.

Yup i think it should be between 12-13.5 lacs max. You forget to mention its got brilliant interiors too!! It could eat some sales of Laura if GM prices & handles this product well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolbareilly (Post 1051323)
I totally agree. GM was saved in India because of Optra Magnum and Spark.

Still not sure why they discontinued Opel Astra. It was such a wonderfull car.:OT

But the Diesel optra, made Opel to shut down in the country I think. It had so many problems and mainly with the turbocharger. There are a lot of cars I have seen emitting loads of black fumes like from a truck :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by karanraheja (Post 1051942)
Yup i think it should be between 12-13.5 lacs max. You forget to mention its got brilliant interiors too!! It could eat some sales of Laura if GM prices & handles this product well.

Correct, the interiors are good looking, but they have to be of good quality also unlike the present Optra that does not have that much high quality interiors.
And why only Laura ? I think it will be Jetta that will be the first hit. The Laura. If priced well, the new Lancer, Civic, Corolla and the two VW cars are going to be hit if the Captiva engine in similar state of tune goes under the hood of Cruze unlike the present Optra's.

Spotted it testing today in Baroda. Was a white one with front and rear ends camouflaged, registration was GJ 17 as is standard for all GM cars from Halol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by samirsarkar (Post 1051575)
So do the Japs not have any pension and medical insurance liabilities for their workers across the world ?? I would be mighty surprised if they didn't.

Currently, the average U.A.W. member costs G.M. about $74 an hour in a combination of wages, health care and the value of future benefits, like pensions. Toyota, by comparison, spends the equivalent of about $45 an hour for each of its employees in the United States.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/04/bu...&ex=1228539600

The Best thing GM could do in India with this car is to do what it is doing in the other countries with the same car.

THat is, to REPLACE Optra with this one and not position this one above Optra.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fx45 (Post 1079271)
The Best thing GM could do in India with this car is to do what it is doing in the other countries with the same car.

THat is, to REPLACE Optra with this one and not position this one above Optra.

i agree with you, GM should replace Optra and launch Cruze. Shouldnt do like Skoda, a new Octavia launched as Laura.

If Todays newspapers headlines are to be believed GM needs to be there w/o getting bankrupt before they launch Cruze unless you want another Matiz on hand

I am not sure if this is the thread this news should be located in (Mods?), but here comes a big newsflash!
Just spotted a white chevy cruze (?) testing right in the middle of one of Delhi's most crowded business districts ( Nehru Place to be precise)

The car was white in color, with the hood and the tail masked. Length wise it seemed as long as the current Optra magnum. The front grille even though masked was in the style of the chevy cruze ( as per images discussed on another thread)
The rear lights were circular and may I say corvette like. The car had a sporty stance. Sorry coudnt take any pictures as I was driving.

Cheers

its going to be killer!!

The Magnum with FGT and 120 Ps of power rocks. The Cruze with VGT and 150 PS of power will be the monster. It would be having more power than the Superb, which is way segment ahead.

And if to be believed from the reviews from other countries, the cruze has got a Sharp steering and Suspension to enjoy that power. please: GM don't change this in India for big fatty uncle's enjoying the Chauffer driven ride's.

afaqs! > news & features > Chevrolet to go on a Cruze soon; calls for pitch

Apparently shortlising an ad agency, will be launched 'above' Optra, which confirms that Optra stays, what is it with these car makers.

Now one more!

Taking the same track for the Indian market like all other car makers, who sell all the generations of one Product in different segments, When will these manufacturers treat Indian market what it deserves.

GM don't be the part of all those stupid car makers who does like this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaggoswami (Post 1051972)
the interiors are good looking, but they have to be of good quality also unlike the present Optra that does not have that much high quality interiors.

I haven't been in an Optra but from what I have read and seen, the interior quality is one area that can't be faulted in in the Optra.

It will be great to see the Cruze here. Just when I thought buying a car in the C+ segment is really easy (Honda Civic), GM is here to confuse us!

VW and Skoda better get cracking on getting the 2.0L CRdi 140bhp engine in the Jetta and Laura or they are going to get cruze(d) away.

laura?? i think maruthi has set a bad example in india.First skoda then Chevy.
I dont think it will be priced that high near a laura but in the civic range.
Maybe a diesel will be a lac or so cheaper than the laura.(well its only my speculation.)