Team-BHP - GM to drive in 'Cruze' in India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   GM to drive in 'Cruze' in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/48905-gm-drive-cruze-india.html)

Source : TOI website

June-July 2009 11-15 lakhs

A mini car is also on cards by end 2009 or early 2010.

Also mentioned is that GM India achieved a growth rate of 20% :Shockked: despite economic downturn.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhijitaparadh (Post 1050372)
Source : TOI website

June-July 2009 11-15 lakhs

A mini car is also on cards by end 2009 or early 2010.

Also mentioned is that GM India achieved a growth rate of 20% :Shockked: despite economic downturn.

20% will be really great by any standards.. even in haydays!

Is Curze is going to be another Dawoo designed wind in Chevy bottle? I hope it is a designed by GM!

Inspite of GM growth rate in India GM is facing Bankruptcy threat in US and that is evident from another thread running simultaneously here. Makes me wonder what will happen to the new launches in 2009 in that scenario and will there be buyerS?

The GM sales growth in India might be due to launch of Magnum. I think thats the car which gave GM a decent sales figure and also the spark with the free 3 year maintenance offer

Quote:

Originally Posted by agbenny (Post 1050593)
Is Curze is going to ..

I sincerely hope its not called or referred to by that name after its launched!

GM and Ford are mainly facing bankruptcy due to the fallout of the Full guzzling SUV's in the USA.
I read some where that the Europe division of Ford is one of the best performing manufacturer in Europe.
These 2 major just need to get through till 2010 because 2010 is the time when their fuel efficient cars like the Cruze (GM) and Focus & Fiesta (Ford) are going to be launched.
The new Chevy Malibu has been performing really well in the US.

Hopefully these 2 auto majors are able to battle through the tough times.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhijitaparadh (Post 1050372)
June-July 2009

I feel TOI got the dates wrong. The Cruze is being launched in Europe in April-May 2009. I expect the car here in the last quarter of 2009. Even ACI has reported the same in it's latest issue. Besides, we don't know what situation GM will be in Mid-2009 which means future launches could get delayed due to lack of cash in Detroit.

It's a great car no doubt. It's the first GM car that has made me want to buy it and for any car that's half the battle won. I would surely be one of the prospective customers for the Cruze diesel. The icing on the cake is that the car in Korea is launched with a 5 speed M/T and 6 speed A/T. GM made it to really difficult to choose the transmission type :).

will GM survive to launch the car ?

the question is how the cars sales will do against the toyota
the new corolla can be a threat to cruze,GM brandimage in india is not as good as toyota

Quote:

Originally Posted by backrub (Post 1050695)
The GM sales growth in India might be due to launch of Magnum. I think thats the car which gave GM a decent sales figure and also the spark with the free 3 year maintenance offer

I totally agree. GM was saved in India because of Optra Magnum and Spark.

Still not sure why they discontinued Opel Astra. It was such a wonderfull car.:OT

The pictures are doing rounds on various sites now.

Chevy Cruze Based Daewoo Lacetti Launches in Korea - worldcarfans

This article says its already out and sold in Korea but dont forget, this one is manufactured by GM for Daewoo and not by Daewoo to GM.

Looks neat to me except the rear styling which is closely copied from the Asean civic and BMW 3 series.

GM is as efficient or relibale in manufacturing as Toyota , what is killing them is huge Pension and medical liabilities and over reliance on fuel guzzling SUV's market for which has tanked.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amit27 (Post 1051471)
GM is as efficient or relibale in manufacturing as Toyota , what is killing them is huge Pension and medical liabilities and over reliance on fuel guzzling SUV's market for which has tanked.

So do the Japs not have any pension and medical insurance liabilities for their workers across the world ?? I would be mighty surprised if they didn't.

Quote:

Originally Posted by agbenny (Post 1050593)
Is Curze is going to be another Dawoo designed wind in Chevy bottle? I hope it is a designed by GM!

The Cruze is not a Daewoo development, but will replace the Daewoo Nubira i.e. Optra almost at all places. It is developed by GM. It is not a Daewoo designed wine in Chevy bottle.
Success will depend on image of Chevy and pricing and the diesel motor.
But this time around the petrol is also good and in league of top contenders. Diesel will surely warranty success as is the case with Captiva.
But 15 lakh is too high price. Must not cross 13 IMHO.
Space, ride and handling are good considering the present cars recently developed by GM.