Team-BHP - Looks or Performance
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Looks or Performance (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/49930-looks-performance.html)

A simple poll. When buying a car, what would you weigh more: external looks & interiors or performance (and handling, etc)?
Very simple question, no saying that i will balance between the two... For example: a great looking car with average performance versus a brilliant performer with a major let down on exterior and interior look?! Other parameters of price, average, etc same.
Reason for this thread is that i noticed many people on this forum giving opinions about a car without ever TDing it, but just based on exterior looks and interiors.

Performance all the way. Good looks with good performance even better.

Well, for me, its the FTD factor so I guess I'm leaning more towards performance. As Vikram has mentioned, good looks would be an added bonus:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl (Post 1076748)
Reason for this thread is that i noticed many people on this forum giving opinions about a car without ever TDing it, but just based on exterior looks and interiors.

And, in some cases, primarily based on one letter of the alphabet - H:p

Quote:

Originally Posted by suman (Post 1076763)
And, in some cases, primarily based on one letter of the alphabet - H:p

So you guessed where i got the inspiration for this thread!!! ha ha ha

Performance any day.

If the vRS wasn't out of production, I would've bought that instead of the Civic.

What's a car with great performance but no good looks! But i can't think of any car which has great performance but doesn't look good. By the way, V-RS is a good looking car.It has sporty looks and has tank build quality.

If the choice is between the 2 its should be performance anyday. Looks are always secondary.

'Performance' in our country is just a word. You hardly get to use a car to its full potential with all the traffic, cows, dogs, hand carts, signals, cops, beggars, potholes etc etc. Heck, most of the times i cant even shift into the 3rd on my way to, or back from work.
And besides, short bursts at crossings or at night don't really excite me anymore.

So, i'd prefer 'Looks' for now atleast. Dont wanna be sitting in that piggy-shaped Dzire, even if it was Vrs engined.

Quote:

Originally Posted by X-Machine (Post 1076824)
So, i'd prefer 'Looks' for now atleast. Dont wanna be sitting in that piggy-shaped Dzire, even if it was Vrs engined.

Why be hypothetical mate? The Dzire doesn't have that engine so..........

well, we are called team bhp, and not team beauty for a reasonlol:

Do you have a no comments option. I drive a Santro so really does not satisfy either of the criteria :D

hypothetically if i had any cash at all... Performance

performance all the way baby...
and performance with good looks is an awesome package..ahem read vRS :D

Performance for me!Although looks also matter a bit.But id anyday go for performance than looks.

I would prefer the looks its got some attitude whereever you go,nothing to do with performance in Mumbai you hardly find any roads on our streets either its full of uneven roads + potholes or you have bumper to bumper traffic last but not the least our great cops which fine on the basis of your car muffler,its your having a big diameter muffler end then they charge you Rs.500 if you have smaller roaring end then its 300 and soo on :p ,and some of performance modded cars are build such badly that a stock car can put it way back :D

@Tejas- I will say with Looks and Performance there should be an option for Features as well as many people decide the car on basis of features.