Team-BHP - Tata giving discounts up to 66000
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Tata giving discounts up to 66000 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/50082-tata-giving-discounts-up-66000-a.html)

Another auto major jumping on the discount bandwagon. Tata is giving discounts on Indica,Indigo XL, Safari and Grande till Dec 20. Discounts can be up to 66000

Quote:

Originally Posted by joecherian (Post 1080173)
Another auto major jumping on the discount bandwagon. Tata is giving discounts on Indica,Indigo XL, Safari and Grande till Dec 20. Discounts can be up to 66000

Wow, discounts on Safari? Thats really great. I dont think any one was ready to give any sort of discounts for safari. The so called coporate discount was also 5K (atleast in bangy)

Seems the situation is really bad for Auto guys too

how much discounts on safari??

It looks like the slowing economy is affecting Indian auto market very badly. I hope they dont end up in the way the big three of US have. Very bad days for Indian Auto Industry also.
Can somebody put in the detailed ( if available ) discount model wise ?

Last month, when I enquired about Safari VX 4x2, the total discount package (Corporate+Dealer Discount) was coming to 28K from 2 dealers in Cochin, Kerala.

It would be interesting to know what the latest discounts are for the Safari...

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaggoswami (Post 1080391)
It looks like the slowing economy is affecting Indian auto market very badly. I hope they dont end up in the way the big three of US have. Very bad days for Indian Auto Industry also.

Yes, very badly indeed...more than what we see at the surface level.

I had a chat with Cochin RTO and he mentioned that the revenue from new vehicle registrations have reduced to less than half of Yr'07 numbers. This would have a direct impact on the surplus stock at the manufacturer's/dealers stock yard as well.

I guess discounts are in range 20k - 30k not above that. From where you got this information about 66K please:

not sure about the Safari discount but today's TOI carrys a full page ad mentioning about this discount

66k must be for the Indigo XL.

Here is the list from tata motors website and all these are listed as cash discounts
indica NA - DL, DLE, DLS Rs. 30000
Indica Xeta - all variants except LPG Rs. 30000
Indica Xeta LPG Rs. 40000
Indica turbo - all variants Rs. 30000
Indica DiCOR - all variants Rs. 30000
Indicab Rs. 30000
Indica Vista Nil
Indigo CS Nil
Indigo (other than Indigo CS) / Marina / IndigoXL Rs. 40000
Sumo / Sumo Victa / Spacio - Variant Details** Rs. 40000
Sumo Grande - all variants Rs. 60000 + Free 1yr Extended Warranty worth Rs. 6000
Safari - all 2.2ltr Dicor variants Rs. 25000 Loyalty discount@
Indigo CS - LS, LS DICOR, GLS versions only Rs. 5000

Additional to this, there are assured gifts via scratch card.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam003 (Post 1080467)
I guess discounts are in range 20k - 30k not above that. From where you got this information about 66K please:

Yes in todays TOI it is mentioned as discounts upto 66k.But not sure for which vehicle we get 66k.

As you mentioned the cash discount may be around 20-30k and other than that we might get finance payout,exchange bonus etc.

This is the Tata ad on today's TOI

Tata giving discounts up to 66000-toi_tata.png

from the above list, I suppose the 66k is for the grande

Looks like the Vista is not on that list.

EDIT : Just rechecked, and there are no discounts on the Vista. Is it because its doing well, or they dont want to discount it being a new launch?

I will be completely heart broken if they start offering a discount on the Vista. I inquired with the dealer today & he's assured me since Vista is a new car, they will not be offering any discounts on the same. Hope they stick to this for next 6 months at least.

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn (Post 1080549)
from the above list, I suppose the 66k is for the grande

That's true. The free-insurance scheme offered earlier failed to push S. Grande sales.