Team-BHP - Linea launch delayed?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Linea launch delayed? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/50239-linea-launch-delayed.html)

Hi all - read this just now..

M&M, Fiat defer launches on terror strike

Unfortunate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vikster (Post 1083219)
Hi all - read this just now..

M&M, Fiat defer launches on terror strike

Unfortunate.

No not again:Frustrati. Linea is becoming a distant dream!

Terror strike is the best excuse they could come up with?

This is purely due to non performers in the company. They just doesnt learn the demand till their competitors take the advantage. I am still not convinced the launch would be in Jan. It might however postponed again for no reason.

Is this true? Because on yesterday's (7/12) edition of Overdrive Show on CNBC TV18 they had a road test of the Linea produced out of Ranjangaon plant and expected the release later this month

I think Fiat is playing too defensively ...actually they need not :)
They have a beauty in their hands and they should know by now..people are waiting for it

its really sad.

but i dont think its an excuse. they have the car under production already.
so, i think its a genuine decision in view of current circumstances and market sentiments.

i have been waiting for this car since a long time, its getting frustrating.

Its a sad decision and fiat should have brought the car as in jan their launch would be overshadowed by the i20.This would also impy that the punto would be further delayed which is not good.

Till what I had heard earlier, i think the launch was already delayed. It was announced to be launched in December. Has the launch still delayed?

Well this was expected from these lazy chaps, again ruining the fantastic product.

On one side these Magzines and Autoshows, showing the Linea as new segment King or Honda killer and on other hand these guys putting all their efforts of killing the product.

Great job Fiat once again!

If its true - I wonder what they will say in Jan now :). If nothing else - the "excuse" team in FIAT is doing some work!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperSyn (Post 1083491)
Terror strike is the best excuse they could come up with?

That's the secondary reason.

The primary reason is:

Quote:

the severe slowdown in vehicle demand, led the companies to postpone the launch date by a month.
But the government has cut duties making cars cheaper yesterday. Maybe now they will stick to the December 16 launch date?

By the way, why no flak for M&M? Is it because the Linea is more glamorous of the two? :)

This makes me revisit the old legendary story where the shepherd shouts Wolf just for the kicks & also for fooling villagers. However when the wolf actually appears, the boy shout again, this time the villagers just don’t bother & he in the end loses all his sheep to the Wolf.
Linea is like the Boy in the story; Linea is the Sheep & Maruti/GM could be the Wolf.
Sad Fiat India is taking us for granted.

O/T : FIAT World News, this is no way related to Linnea launch

Fiat needs to take part in consolidation - CEO - Yahoo! India News

Fiat - Needs a consolidation

Quote:

Originally Posted by amit (Post 1083612)
That's the secondary reason.

The primary reason is:

But the government has cut duties making cars cheaper yesterday. Maybe now they will stick to the December 16 launch date?

By the way, why no flak for M&M? Is it because the Linea is more glamorous of the two? :)

agree: I think they might stick to the December 16 Launch. 4% is quiet a reduction in prices, even if it has a base variant price of 7 lakhs Ex-showroom, there will be reducation of 28K.

And guys remember it is just a spokesman from Fiat, not an actual press release. Even the name of the executive is not mentioned in the press release. IMHO we should wait for a press release from Fiat.