Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2008, 12:43   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntranced View Post
No offences here sir. Sure it is a well build vehicle,almost a tank like body,in my 7 years of driving i dont even have a lose bumper even after countless bangs that it had suffered. But i guess sir 7 years is an awfully long time considering you get a mileage of 8km/L and then there are no takers for it in the used car market, hence my post.

PEACEcheers:
Well, I sold my 32,000km done Corsa 1.6 for 40% of its bill price while it was 3 years old. So I'm far luckier than you sir, I reckon.

That underlines one of the many problems with GM's cars. The first European models (Astra and Corsa) were plagued with high maintenance costs and low FE. Then they diluted the brand value by slashing prices indiscriminately, especially on the final versions of the Astra and the Optra.

Now their cars are more or less comparable with other marques on FE, and their service package is a real sweet deal. Most GM cars are also priced well. But the buying public has by now moved on, and don't pay much attention.

I burnt my fingers on the Forester also, so I am weary of the Captiva. They goofed up on the Spark also with its launch price which they hastily corrected. Recently, a friend of mine who bought a Spark for his wife became laughing stock.

The proposed used car business should do something to address the poor used car values of GM autos, and might drive new car sales to some extent. Wise move, I say.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks