Team-BHP - Fiat Linea ACI COTY
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Fiat Linea ACI COTY (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/51713-fiat-linea-aci-coty.html)

Fiat Linea has won the ACI COTY award, leaving behind the likes of i20, ANHC etc.
Interesting choice considering that it hasn't been launched officially.
But certainly this is one car which can give its competition hard time.

:: AUTOCAR INDIA - CAR AND BIKE MAGAZINE ::

The criteria for nomination was not Official Launch - it was "homologation" in 2008.

Linea was available to the Press in 2008, and it was tested too.

Reports are that Fiat sold 130 Linea's in December 2008 - not too sure about the accuracy of that information.

Wow!!!

This is great news and a good start for FIAL in 09. Way to go Fiatcheers:

So Linea will be sporting ACI COTY sticker right from 1st car :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuraliR (Post 1121326)
The criteria for nomination was not Official Launch - it was "homologation" in 2008.

Linea was available to the Press in 2008, and it was tested too.

Reports are that Fiat sold 130 Linea's in December 2008 - not too sure about the accuracy of that information.

I am not questioning inclusion of Linea.

Any source about the lineas sold?
Its common for manufacturers to report the dealer cars as sales. Skoda did the same with Fabia last December.

What a lame excuse. Even Tata Nano homologated by ARAI, cleared for sale in India in 2008. Why was Nano not included in the list?

ACI has lost all credibility in trying to please Fiat.
Quote:

Originally Posted by MuraliR (Post 1121326)

Quote:

Originally Posted by diabloo (Post 1121373)
What a lame excuse. Even Tata Nano homologated by ARAI, cleared for sale in India in 2008. Why was Nano not included in the list?

ACI has lost all credibility in trying to please Fiat.

You have a very valid point. Probably they didn't include it in their line up as they got angry over the fact that the car was given to CAR Indialol: last month and not to them!

I am neither a supporter of the company responsible for giving out the awards not the manufacturer of the car who won it.

I was just sharing information which I received.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilentEngine (Post 1121337)
Any source about the lineas sold?

My circle of acquaintances in the Press.

ACI verdict or not Linea is defly a good car. We all know how fair these magazines are and also how truthful.

Even Palio was the car of the year by ACI when it was launched.

The question is not whether Linea is good or bad.
The question is whether the poll is rigged or not.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Palio_2005 (Post 1121426)
ACI verdict or not Linea is defly a good car.

This is again a wrong decision. For a car that is powered by a motor not sufficient for its mass, its wrong. Agreed that the car has good ride quality and very linear power curve, but then going on to win the award is something not digestable.
They should also consider the A.S & S. apart from the product. People dont buy cars to keep in museum, but to use them. And considering the Indian conditions, wear and tear must be higher than European countries.

A few negative points about Linea :
1) Engine. Larger and more powerful motors are expected.
2) Poor rear seat comfort as compared to rivals, specially headroom due to that too much sloping roof.
3) A.S & S. We all know this.

Given the price, the first two issues must not be there. Again not happy with this outcome.

A few more contenders that had chance and in my preference they must be
1) Maruti A-star.
2) Tata Indica Vista.
3) Hyundai I20.

Fiat mania has caught up with Autocar India again. :uncontrol
When is the next car coming from Fiat? If it's anytime this year, then be sure it will be the COTY for the next poll. It doesn't have to be launched. Even some speculation of it coming some unofficial launch would do.

How low can this award fall?

It was Honda for a while, good to see Fiat taking the crown back after a long break since the Palio which was launched way back in 2001!

Hopefully the Linea would change the way the C-Segment is! :D