Team-BHP - Which MUV?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Which MUV? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/51958-muv.html)

Which MUV will you consider worthy now, after the launch of the Xylo?

Voted for Xylo

Reasons:
1) Cost effectiveness
2) Creature comforts
3) M&M's service network

For most of the MUV users globally, it is not the looks for which such a vehicle is purchased. As the name suggests, it is supposed to deliver utility, which Xylo (and all others in the poll certainly do). From my experience, looks always tend to outgrow on us. You have examples of Santro and WagonR (the bestsellers of their times and still do respectable numbers) and more recent Innova which has been a thorough hit. All these vehicles when launched, had received a lot of flak when they were launched because of their looks. And what happened as they say, is history.

At the price point, though not sounding to be judgmental, I feel, Mahindra has a winner in their hands which would give all the UVs in this segment a run for their money..

I am sure, in due course of time, we would be having ABS and airbags being offered as an option on Xylo. Probably M&M had a price point to achieve which prevented them to offer these safety features at the launch. Once Xylo establishes itself a worthy competitor, the safety features would follow..

Mahindra Xylo - Nice looking MUV and in budget too

Although the Xylo seems like a VFM buy, i'll still stick with the Innova. With the facelift around the corner, I'm sure Toyota will incorporate all required to out do the Xylo.
Aah, I love competition :)

dont you think it is too early to include xylo. It would be appropriate if this poll is done a month later

I think Xylo is just launched, let the car prove its competitiveness in the market. Then it would be good to include it in a poll.

Going with current scenario my vote is for innova (I am considering out of the poll)

Quote:

Originally Posted by salvation (Post 1129505)
dont you think it is too early to include xylo. It would be appropriate if this poll is done a month later

I do agree with salvation! Emotion will vote now....Head will vote after a month or so.

Cheers!!! :)

Too early Raj, much too early!

Even the current gen Innova is Faar better looking than the Xylo. Also it's reliability and comfort are unquestionable.

Would have gone for the Sumo Grande with it's 2.2 Engine if it had just better interiors and a more exciting butt.

I don't understand why is it too early? I see Honda City/Linea/ blah blah threads coming the same day when the car(s) are launched. Why not this time? Also, I guess Rhino too needs to be included in the poll.

When Honda City/Linea thread is going on in this forum this thread is also worth! Anyday Innova no one can beat it in terms of refinement, quality, space, comfort, practicality.

Xylo comes second which is very good MUV too. Tavera is too good but it need luxury face lift which can beat Innova If they do it right.

Ravi.

I am currently researching on the same topic for a long time.
I personally feel comparing Xylo to Innova is just like comparing Tata Indica to Skoda Fabia.
As Toyota would definitely have a edge over M&M over technology, design , quality etc.
But still we should wait for a month or so for the reviews to come in and then decide who rules the roost !
Right Now if I Had to buy one I would go for the Innova without regretting about Xylo's Launch

I voted for the Innova.
Actually the poll should not include Xylo as there is no extensive TD and feed back.May be a poll 3 months down the line will give the correct results as which is the best MUV.
Thanks.
naj

i still love the innova

Innova rocks anyday. Frankly with the launch of Xylo, i guess Innova will be able to shed the taxi image pinned to it.