Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2016, 17:07   #16
BHPian

Re: Wing mirror glass replacement Safari

Hi,

not sure if I am replying to the older post.

I've had the same issue, Lost LORVM(only mirror) Replaced it with some local mirror available for Rs150,i was not at all satisfied, since it was never stable like stock ones and always on vibrating mode, it never lasted long as it has come out of the unit in few days. when checked with pundit auto, i was also told that TASS never sells only glass like most of you were told,you have to buy the entire unit which is about 4k. However one of the mechanic from TASS suggested me to go for a normal glass which will cost Rs150-200 and he mentioned about some silver glass sticker on the glass, which will give authentic look and most of the safari users have done it and are doing it. Not sure what he exactly meant. will try to probe him further next time if i see him at Pundit auto.

P.S. getting safari spares or rather used/accident spares is not an easy job. I did try my self and failed miserably.

Cheers
Josh.

Last edited by joshuakeys : 7th June 2016 at 17:20. Reason: editing
Old 25th January 2017, 14:41   #17

Just yesterday, my left side mirror came off. Luckily it is not broken. I tried to fix it back, but looks like it is way too difficult. Has anyone tried to fix the mirror back? Any tips?
Old 25th January 2017, 15:12   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranupkumar View Post
Any tips?
Just check, if all locks in mirror are intact. Also, it needs deep press than gentle press to fix it in given slots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuakeys View Post
Hi,
I've had the same issue, Lost LORVM(only mirror) Replaced it with some local mirror available for Rs150,i was not at all satisfied...
You can get convex mirror from www.partsbigboss.in website. They sell original convex mirror for around 110 Rs. each.

Check following links:

LHS Convex: http://www.partsbigboss.in/sub-mirro...ar-vision.html

RHS Convex: http://www.partsbigboss.in/sub-mirro...ar-vision.html

Hope this solves your problem and for many others who are facing this issue. Many of my known using this and it is completely same as of OEM.
Old 26th January 2017, 10:55   #19

Thanks Anuj.. in my case, all locks were intact. As you suggested, I properly aligned it and pressed hard and that's it. Done! Thanks a lot for the tip!👍
Old 8th June 2018, 14:13   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
You can get convex mirror from www.partsbigboss.in website. They sell original convex mirror for around 110 Rs. each.
Thanks Anuj, for this.
But as luck would have it, they dont have one for the Storme. And I will have to go with a flat mirror that honestly says:

Wing mirror glass replacement Safari-img_0977.jpg
Old 8th June 2018, 14:54   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Thanks Anuj, for this.
But as luck would have it, they dont have one for the Storme. And I will have to go with a flat mirror that honestly says:
Call them using contact on website and talk if they can get for Storme. They are quite helpful.

Incidentally I was probably one of the first to try PartsBigboss the convex mirror quality is same as OEM.
amitk26 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks