Team-BHP - Incoming Euro IV takes first casualties - The M800 & Omni
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Incoming Euro IV takes first casualties - The M800 & Omni (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/52339-incoming-euro-iv-takes-first-casualties-m800-omni-4.html)

What is being phased out ?

The 796 CC Engine? or the M800 car in whole?

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampro (Post 1242694)
What is being phased out ?

The 796 CC Engine? or the M800 car in whole?

the whole m800 by 2015.

I fail to understand how a M800 selling in the non metros covered under BSIII save us from pollution. I am sure the cumulative number of M800 is still more in non metros than in metros considering its low cost.

and for all your information from 1st Apr 2010 all vehicles in metros should be BSIV compliant and all Vehicles in non metros will be BSIII compliant. BSII will out of this country.

Bharat Stage IV for the metros is around the corner.

Can we compile a list of cars that would potentially be
a) Phased out
b) Upgraded, to comply with the norms.

This would help purchase decisions over the next few months.

# Is the Octavia (petrol & diesel) a victim?
# Surely the ageing Lancer will be removed from Metro showrooms?
# Palio Stile 1.6?
# Accent 1.5?
# Ikon 1.3 petrol?
# The Swift is already due for an upgrade
# What happens to the Alto?

yes Ikon and Festia are in the list,I could see the Red plate Ikon and Festia doing rounds of testing in and around Tambaram.so we can expect soon Ikon and Festia BIV compliant.

Euro-IV? What Euro-IV? Read this...http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1532915-post30.html.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shuvc (Post 1533045)
Bharat Stage IV for the metros is around the corner.

Can we compile a list of cars that would potentially be
a) Phased out
b) Upgraded, to comply with the norms.

This would help purchase decisions over the next few months.

# Is the Octavia (petrol & diesel) a victim?
# Surely the ageing Lancer will be removed from Metro showrooms?
# Palio Stile 1.6?
# Accent 1.5?
# Ikon 1.3 petrol?
# The Swift is already due for an upgrade
# What happens to the Alto?

know for sure that the Octavia is going to be phased out, but smart guys are continuing to sell the same in smaller towns. Its going to be phased out in 2010.

cheers
ac

I agree

Govt has no clue. These trucks will never get off the road. They keep welding it and modifying it to keep it on the road forever.

USATODAY.com - Researchers say cooking fires can affect climate

If the metros were to become BS IV compliant, the garbage trucks (at least in chennai) spewing thick clouds of smoke are the ones that have to be taken off the roads first.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rr_zen (Post 1533988)
If the metros were to become BS IV compliant, the garbage trucks (at least in chennai) spewing thick clouds of smoke are the ones that have to be taken off the roads first.

rightly said!

I think goverment should ban commerical vehcile more than 10 years old,which would mostly clear polluting trucks or must ask them to upgrade the engine with the current compliant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sudan_NFS (Post 1534072)
rightly said!

I think goverment should ban commerical vehcile more than 10 years old,which would mostly clear polluting trucks or must ask them to upgrade the engine with the current compliant.

How about the Tractor (garbage and water tanker) which is still showing a 3 letter registration no ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgiitk (Post 1141315)
No. It means that new cars (not meeting EIV) cannot be registered in E-IV cities once the regulations come into force.

Does this rule apply only to new cars ? What about cars from other non-metros that get re-registered in a metro ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeddyBear (Post 1241406)
Next line of Victims (Engines):

Alto~Swift Petrol engines
India NA diesel engine & Zeta petrol engine.
Santro Petrol engine

Please extend the list..

even the chevy tavera is going to be withdrawn from Euro IV cities...new one is supposed to roll out by dec '10

Seen many Bangalore bound APSRTC VOLVO and outbound KSRTC Volvo busses with poor engine maintenance spew very dark smoke, end up in following them in the Old Medras Road cable bridge :-(. So it has nothing to do with 15 year old vehicles. I have seen many private buses ( more than 15 years old) but engine is in very good condition but very less smoke.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rr_zen (Post 1534328)
Does this rule apply only to new cars ? What about cars from other non-metros that get re-registered in a metro ?

IIRC, on cases of re-registration, it will be seen whether on the date of first registration did the vehicle qualify in the metro. If yes it will be registered. But the window is only 10 years, nothing more.