Team-BHP - 2009 War of C+ Sedans- AHNC vs Linea vs Fiesta vs SX4 vs Aveo vs Verna vs Optra...
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   2009 War of C+ Sedans- AHNC vs Linea vs Fiesta vs SX4 vs Aveo vs Verna vs Optra... (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/52360-2009-war-c-sedans-ahnc-vs-linea-vs-fiesta-vs-sx4-vs-aveo-vs-verna-vs-optra-3.html)

I would love to agree with you so much... but...

Quote:

Originally Posted by loving_alaap (Post 1158693)
SX4: VFM ideal for anybody who can stretch their budget (who can afford Accent / Dzire / Logan).

I agree totally..

Linea: the only problem with it is poor ***, Fiat needs to improve in this, otherwise, whatever they bring here, can only sell in average. Even though they have the best car, the will not be a competition to others.

I am sure the A.S.S. will be better now, the guys are really going for it all the sales guys too are very motivated and energetic . I am sure FIAT/TATA has instructed the staff to be at their best.. Hopefully we get good treatment from TATA too for buying the Linea.

Verna: overall a nice car but looks outdated, need a face lift & bit more gizmos inside.

The New Verna is here and its much better and the looks also have improved..

ANHC: superb car, but agreed with everybody: Horribly overpriced

Not really that over priced, remember one has to pay for the brand name.. and its success in the past..(read OHNC)
IMHO it will deliver its good and for being so highly priced..

Maruti like interiors (You can't imagine this is a Honda from inside:D)
Amazing car indeed, but falss short of the ANHC .. if you compare the cars only on performance... without thinking about factors like price etc etc..
Fiesta / Aveo: Good cars, but still look like something is lacking (not appealing).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravveendrra (Post 1158702)
Oh, another thing. Japan was also member of the 'Axis' in WW-II alongwith Germany & Italy. Co-incidence that the 3 axis countries rule the automotive world today?
Cheers.

Great observation, Ravveendrra!!

Hi Ash, Thanks for loving my comments.

Now Fiat is not doing anything to improve *** (Read the famous thread by an employee of TATA-FIAT).

Well, About Honda, you can not only compare about Performace, people are buying Honda not only for performace (NHC underpowered-Blockbuster)

They buy honda for luxury, status & for peace of mind. So, unlike other cars, people can except good interiors from Honda (their one of the biggest USP in NHC). But in ANHC, we must say, if you compare with NHC, interiors are of Maruti type.:eek:

Hi. I think its high time someone starts a poll on

ANHC vs Linea vs Verna vs SX4 vs Fiesta

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravveendrra (Post 1158702)

Oh, another thing. Japan was also member of the 'Axis' in WW-II alongwith Germany & Italy. Co-incidence that the 3 axis countries rule the automotive world today?

Cheers.

Cool that you noted this, but for Austria not really doing well in the automobile world.

This comparison has been happ so many times.

Depends on what emphasis each buyer attaches to a certain thing.

If driving pleasure is the key,no one beats Fiesta S, not even ANHC.

If a combo of VFM + decent engine,its the SX4.

If good ride(rear seat) and decent price,its the Aveo.

If VFM only(without a punchy engine),its the Linea.

If you want to waste money,I mean you are rich and dont know of the ways to splurge lol:,nothing beats a ANHC. A 9.5L car without Alloys,climate control and CD Player :Shockked: You need another 80K to get Alloys and the CD player.

If none of the above + a real good diesel,the Verna is the clear winner

All the cars are decent I guess.

Quote:

Originally Posted by joy_swift (Post 1220411)
You need another 80K to get Alloys and the CD player.

If none of the above + a real good diesel,the Verna is the clear winner

All the cars are decent I guess.

Alloys, yes.

CD Player is debatable. The point is who wants a CD Player? The mp3 solution provided in city is very elegant and avoid wires/pen drives sticking out. Connect your 80GB iPod, protected and inside the HU, and you have everything you need. Wish all manufacturers provided a similar setup.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyWalker (Post 1220638)
Alloys, yes.

CD Player is debatable. The point is who wants a CD Player? The mp3 solution provided in city is very elegant and avoid wires/pen drives sticking out. Connect your 80GB iPod, protected and inside the HU, and you have everything you need. Wish all manufacturers provided a similar setup.

agree:

I normally connect my CD player to my Iphone. But I do also buy a lot of CD's and sometimes, you feel you wanna listen as soon as you buy it(havent transferred to my Iphone then). So in those kinda cases :)

Although I would love the Ipod functionality(Songs being played from the IPod displayed on the player) in the car audip players for all manufacturers :)

I wonder which car wins the 'fish-bowl' test. My pick is either Optra or ANHC.

Note:
How to do the fish-bowl test:
1. Fill a fish-bowl with water upto the brim.
2. Place it on the car seat.
3. Take the car for a test drive.
4. After the test drive, note down the level of water.
Car with highest water level wins the test.

If the test-drive is done by a tbhp-ian, you can be sure that there won't be any water in the bowl. Infact I would be surprised if the bowl even remains on the seat. :D

And what is this test supposed to find out ? The best ride quality ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by supremeBaleno (Post 1222517)

No, the fish bowl quality. :D

Its simple and effective way to test comfort & ride quality. Its used in testing 4x4s. Here I am suggesting for sedans.
Quote:

Originally Posted by supremeBaleno (Post 1222517)

Wrong guess :Shockked:
Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover (Post 1222535)
No, the fish bowl quality. :D

If i were to shop in this segment then i'll definately pick Fiesta 1.6 S in aqua blue color. Best 'C' segment driver's car period!

I find the SX4 the most VFM proposition in this segment and it would be the one I'll pick if I had to, like the stance and the ground clearence of the car and the wheels on the ZXI varient.

Quote:

Originally Posted by diabloo (Post 1222374)
I wonder which car wins the 'fish-bowl' test. My pick is either Optra or ANHC.

Note:
How to do the fish-bowl test:
1. Fill a fish-bowl with water upto the brim.
2. Place it on the car seat.
3. Take the car for a test drive.
4. After the test drive, note down the level of water.
Car with highest water level wins the test.

Since you are wondering which car will win this test, how did you pick Optra or ANHC?

As for the test, no car in India will have even a drop of water left after this test thanks to our fantastic roads and traffic sense.