Team-BHP - Toyota's compact car
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Toyota's compact car (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/5299-toyotas-compact-car.html)

I heard toyota will be launching a compact car in the indian market in the near future. Does anyone have an idea of what the car might look like, specification and other info about the car. Please let me know. Thank you

Had seen some pictures in AutoCar magazine some 4-5 months back. Toyota is looking at bringing one of Daihatsu's models (pardon my spelling) to India. The car, as reported by ACI, was as wide as Indica and as tall as Santro. They were planning on three engine options, 1.3 petrol, 1.6 petrol (not too sure of this) and 1.4 dsl.All speculation and no news on whether it will be launched and if so, when.

You can check out the pics at overdrive.co.in

The car will come only in 2007. Not worth such a long wait IMHO.

I read somewhere recently that its still not decided for sur if they will bring the Daihatsu .
It was also said that they might be launching the Boon/Passo model in India but not much news about that either...

Quote:

Originally Posted by MONTOYA
You can check out the pics at overdrive.co.in

The car will come only in 2007. Not worth such a long wait IMHO.

Precisely. Unless you are a college or MBA student who will be graduating in 2007. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnjacob
Precisely. Unless you are a college or MBA student who will be graduating in 2007. :D

Not even then will you end up buying the Toyota Aygo( as they call it) as skoda is gonna land in small car territory very soon with the fabia hatch and i am eagerly wating for the Swift to arrive.

small car segment is getting crowded day by day!
the more companies entering the better for us (consumers)

Toyota will most likely bring its Soluna Vios to India. Its a B seg car about the size of a Baleno/NHC/Fabia. It has a 1.5L vvti engine.

This car has been on sale in Malaysia, Thailand etc for a while and is priced bang against the NHC.

But........the car is at the end of its model cycle and Toyota may very well launch the next generation Vios in India. Problem is, it will be very close to the Corolla in size.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MONTOYA
skoda is gonna land in small car territory very soon with the fabia hatch and i am eagerly wating for the Swift to arrive.

when is skoda launching fabia, does anyone have an idea ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mpower
Toyota will most likely bring its Soluna Vios to India. Its a B seg car about the size of a Baleno/NHC/Fabia. It has a 1.5L vvti engine.

This car has been on sale in Malaysia, Thailand etc for a while and is priced bang against the NHC.

But........the car is at the end of its model cycle and Toyota may very well launch the next generation Vios in India. Problem is, it will be very close to the Corolla in size.

Isnt the Soluna the same as the Tercel sold in other markets? If so, its out of production now. The replacement was the brilliant Echo which despite being smaller feels more spacious than the Corolla...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid
Isnt the Soluna the same as the Tercel sold in other markets? If so, its out of production now. The replacement was the brilliant Echo which despite being smaller feels more spacious than the Corolla...

Tercel/Paseo was the predecessor to the Vois. There was also a 1st generation Soluna in Pacific Rim countries that looked suspiciously like a rebodied Tercel.

Echo and Yaris are just hatchback versions of the Vois. Yaris can be had with a 1.0 L engine in Europe.

I doubt the Aygo will come - it is a design by Peugeot, Citroen and Toyota - car is identical except for front and rear end treatments. Peugot manage the design and purchasing, Toyota control the manufacturing. Built in the Czech republic

Quote:

Originally Posted by nfs3000
when is skoda launching fabia, does anyone have an idea ?

Expected by last quater of this year.

I saw Aygo in TV showcased in some Autoshow.. It was a 2 door version and pretty small in looks like Alto.. dont know if Toyota's overpricing for a 2 door will be worth a buy. I done see many takers for 2 door version as in US.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mpower
Echo and Yaris are just hatchback versions of the Vois. Yaris can be had with a 1.0 L engine in Europe.

Echo isnt a hatchback. Its a sedan.