Team-BHP - SHOCKKKKER!!!! Skoda Fabia for 4.39L for 4 days
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   SHOCKKKKER!!!! Skoda Fabia for 4.39L for 4 days (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/53217-shockkkker-skoda-fabia-4-39l-4-days.html)

Adv in Pune Sakal today.

Skoda Fabia for 4.39L outside octroi for 4 days!! :Shockked: No sales or New model coming very soon????

Avenger

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avenger (Post 1165136)
Adv in Pune Sakal today.

Skoda Fabia for 4.39L outside octroi for 4 days!! :Shockked: No sales or New model coming very soon????

Avenger

There would be loads of "Conditions Apply" there. It would be the base variant, you have to make full downpayment, blah blah.. and after all this, Skoda might come up with another news article - "Skoda sells 37 Super Hatch Fabias in 3 days"

Quote:

Skoda Fabia for 4.39L outside octroi for 4 days!!

First question that comes to mind: Is THAT the REAL price of the car?!! :Shockked:

must be the base "active" 1.2 petrol version with only a/c and power steering offered for about 60,000 less.

Something is brewing about the Fabia petrol. I was at a dealer yesterday waiting for some minor repairs to be completed on my car. A potential customer evinced interest in the Fabia petrol in black colour. To which the sales rep said he had only 1 white car and the company was not despatching any petrol cars for past 2 weeks.

If the news is true, it is indeed a shocker for those who bought the car earlier:Frustrati

Quote:

Adv in Pune Sakal today.

Avenger

Will not take ANY vehicle from SKODA even if they were giving it for free!! - not until they get their dealer/service network sorted out!

The price is very surprising.

if its true, than its a great deal.

Well, Not many of previous purchasers would regret it! (you can count them on fingers:D)

Skoda is known to do this type of things in past also.

Previously Octavia was sold around 15 lacs, but now only in 11-12 lacs.:deadhorse

But Fabia 4.39 Lac?
(May be Skoda will give condition: Services / repairs / spares only from Skoda)
They will recover the discount in just 6 months:D

Quote:

Adv in Pune Sakal today.

Avenger

Dear Avenger,

Can you please provide me the details of this offer? If possible the dealer's name who put up this Ad, so I can check with them.

Correction:

The price is not ex octroi. i just read the adv again. It just says *conditions Apply

Agreed it may for 1.2 Petrol Base version. But it could start a price war. I did a quick search on New Cars, Used Cars, Buy Cars, Sell Cars, New Car Prices, Used Car Prices - CarWale.com for compacts in 4L-5L range.
Swift Lxi/Getz/I20/Vista/Aveo UVA/Palio all came up. Something cooking here i feel..
BTW, 1.2 Active MPI is listed at 4.98 ex-showroom Mumbai on carwale.

Avenger

I just checked with the dealer. Acumen Motors.

The deal is as foll: All prices Outside Octroi in Pune

Model Offer Price/Normal Price
Active (4.39L Ex showroom)
Active OTR 5.01/ (No Stock cos of the offer..Surprsing the offer just started today)
Classic 5.38/6.73
Ambiente 6.07/6.42

So this is not such a great offer as it is shown as in the papers. The money has to be paid before 24th Feb. Booking to be done in the next 4 days...

Personally when I was planning for the Ambiente, The best offer I had in Mumbai also was 6.0L. The guys in Autobahn are still behind me to buy the Ambeinte at this price..

Good news for Fabia seekers..

@Ash: Adv contains Names of both dealers in Pune
The Adv lists both dealers from Pune Acumen and Asset Auto. :thumbs up Check with dealers in Mumbai!

Avenger

Well, unless Skoda sells a few of these, they can't bleed people dry with the service charges.

This offer does make a lot of sense.

Its' closest rival, the i 20, sells at 4.8 lakhs for base Magna, 5.6 lakhs for mid Asta and 5.8 lakhs for Asta optional pack respectively (ex showroom).

With this offer the base 1.2 Petrol Active sells at 4.39 and Classic at 4.73. Top of the line Ambiente is just 5.35, with alloy wheels, ABS, brake assist, fog lamps, electically adj. mirrors, one touch power windows, remote locking, height adjustable driver and passenger seats - the works.

The Fabia offers dual airbags, reach and rake adjustable steering, height adjustable front seatbelts with pretensioners, rear wash wipe as standard equipment across the range. Plus class leading build quality and comfort.

If you look at the i 10, the Asta without sunroof goes at 4.7 lakhs! You do the math.

Karlos forgot to add the discalimer that he works for Skoda. He PMed me and asked to add this disclaimer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by loving_alaap (Post 1165273)
The price is very surprising.

if its true, than its a great deal.

Well, Not many of previous purchasers would regret it! (you can count them on fingers:D)

Skoda is known to do this type of things in past also.

Previously Octavia was sold around 15 lacs, but now only in 11-12 lacs.:deadhorse

But Fabia 4.39 Lac?
(May be Skoda will give condition: Services / repairs / spares only from Skoda)
They will recover the discount in just 6 months:D

well regarding the Octy - it was globally replaced by the Laura but since Skoda considers the Indian markets to have not evolved (straight from the horses mouth - the guy was a regional sales head) and the Indian customer ignorant - hence the Octy was selling here with a a so called "reduced tag" of 11-12 lakhs with Laura commanding a higher premium.

And regardign "conditions" -

1. IMHO I do not mind paying 1 lakh extra for the top end petrol fabia - because of its solid built quality - but A.S.S is definately more expensive and laboured.
2. Skoda was plannign to do something with the Fabia for sometime - on eof my engineerign batchmates workig with Skoda was telling me sometime back that because of bad number the Fabia was doing, Skoda had some pricing and cost cutting (read less bling) measures within the Fabia coming up. However i doubt the veracity of the claims:Frustrati