Team-BHP - Ford Fiesta ZXi gets more features at same price
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Ford Fiesta ZXi gets more features at same price (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/53353-ford-fiesta-zxi-gets-more-features-same-price.html)

Ford Fiesta ZXi gets more features at same price:

Source: Ford Fiesta ZXi gets more features at same price*-*WheelsUnplugged Automobile Industry News

It says:

Now they offer ABS, EBD etc for no additional cost! Seems a good deal.

But, how much profit they were making before this!

So the only difference between the ZXi and the SXi will be just airbags and leather seats ? Damn thats crazy for 60k difference!

Well, Ford are already offering much more in SA

Ford's Ikon updated: Wheels: NewModels

This downturn seems to be good for the customer. In order to make a good differentiation between the Ikon D & Fiesta D, they should really offer a 1.6 TDCi at the same price. Right now, the huge price difference of 2L between both just doesn't seem justified at the same engine spec.

Lets see if Hyundai would make a change to the Verna now.

ZXi is great value for money after this... the Verna and the new City especially look like daylight robberies now.

Saw this news item. This is really a good move from Ford. And good to see that car manufactures giving due importance to safety. Wish they can throw in airbags as well.

I am actually against this kind of upgrades. For it does a lot of damage in the used car space.

In my opinion, car manufacturers should have 3 types of variants

1: Base - No frills attached. Might just add power windows. Nothing more
2: Mid range - Base + fogs + speakers + other small frills
3: High end - Mid range + all safety features (ABS/EBD/Airbags)
4: High end optional - with sunroof/alloys etc.

Slight disagreement. I would want ABS to be given as an option in ALL variants.

Well, this is one of the never ending arguments, Safety VS Money. If we need the safety features we can definately pay for it.

Ford has done a good job by offering ABS and the other "extra features" into ZXI at no additional cost, some folks who love the Ford badge will find this very attractive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by indivic (Post 1168801)
Well, Ford are already offering much more in SA

Ford's Ikon updated: Wheels: NewModels

there is nothing "much more". it's the same indian fiesta that is exported to south africa by the ikon name.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidindica (Post 1169149)
there is nothing "much more". it's the same indian fiesta that is exported to south africa by the ikon name.

Well, what I wanted to say is that ABS and airbags are standard across the board since day one in SA. This was in response to

" Now they offer ABS, EBD etc for no additional cost!"

The Ikon in SA gets 15 inch wheels , plus "features such as keyless remote central locking, remote tail-gate boot release, rake adjustable steering column, and power windows all round are common to the Ikon range " which is not the situation here since the Exi is not that loaded and it is only now we see ABS+EBD from Zxi onwards.

Indian government should make it mandatory to offer ABS and airbags on all variants. I don't think that safety should be an option.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palio_2005 (Post 1169767)
Indian government should make it mandatory to offer ABS and airbags on all variants. I don't think that safety should be an option.

I second that.
Safety should be the most important feature(and therefore no compromises on that.) Everything else (including the engine!) are secondary and can be compromised!

It is in deed a very good move from Ford to retain a good position in the market. As a Fiesta ZXI owner i feel ditched :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by funda2max (Post 1170430)
It is in deed a very good move from Ford to retain a good position in the market. As a Fiesta ZXI owner i feel ditched :(

I am so damn happy that I did not buy a ZXI when they had the 1 lakh discount offer during december, I would be cursing myself for the next couple of months. But going by history Ford has pulled such stunts in the past, where they had all kinds of options available for ZXI/SXI models.