Team-BHP - Cool Accessories for Honda City :-) - Honda does it again :-(
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Cool Accessories for Honda City :-) - Honda does it again :-( (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/53409-cool-accessories-honda-city-honda-does-again-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by downsouth (Post 1170519)
alloys @ 80K, FOG LAMPS @7.5K

And we flame Skoda for expensive spares and accessories.

Quote:

Rear fog lights are hilarious.
Doesn't the Swift have these as standard?! SX4 does.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amit (Post 1171421)
Doesn't the Swift have these as standard?! SX4 does.

Yes! It is standard across all variants of the Swift. Heck even the VXi of WagonR has Rear fogs.

cant blame them. HONDA will keep ripping us off as long as there are people waiting to buy its overpriced cars and accessories :Frustrati . because of this i sincerely hope that a car like say the LINEA does well so that honda learns a thing or 2 about recession and the developing awareness of Indian buyers.

Here is the price of accessories that I got from Honda

Quote:

Originally Posted by amulu10 (Post 1171590)
cant blame them. HONDA will keep ripping us off as long as there are people waiting to buy its overpriced cars and accessories :Frustrati . because of this i sincerely hope that a car like say the LINEA does well so that honda learns a thing or 2 about recession and the developing awareness of Indian buyers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amulu10 (Post 1171590)

the major problem with Honda/Toyota etc in India is that they are perceived as luxury car makers - hence they go on commanding prices like these. Probably they being new to the market and the lack of refined alternatives made them what they are now.

I have experience with the Maruti guys - even they had a similar attitude (they know best i.e.) but that has changed considerably over the years - probably the number of years they have put in plus the failures of say the versa etc made them understand the Indian psyche better.

Only if they had the SX4 with a more refined drive and low NVH levels. It could have beat City to hell.:deadhorse

Hell! The bumper protectors cost Rs.9K+... *ROBBERY*

Quote:

Originally Posted by suprateep (Post 1171903)
Only if they had the SX4 with a more refined drive and low NVH levels. It could have beat City to hell.:deadhorse

Not that the City looks great but the SX4 looks like a crossover, not a sedan. That, along with the poor FE is it's downfall.

Quote:

Originally Posted by galant (Post 1171873)
Here is the price of accessories that I got from Honda

22k for reverse sensors ? Does that include the JVC AVX 44 too ? :uncontrol

And alloy wheels cost 12k per piece. Someone mentioned the set costs 80k here.

I thought the pricing of ANHC was daylight robbery, but seeing the prices of the accessories i think its a Hold-up ! Funny how arrogant a brand can be even in these recessionary times.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fountainheader (Post 1172348)

yeah. he also mentioned that the car came with a good discount.
Honda being ripoff experts might have adjusted the price in the accessories :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fountainheader (Post 1172348)

That would be me :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mxx (Post 1172693)
yeah. he also mentioned that the car came with a good discount.
Honda being ripoff experts might have adjusted the price in the accessories :D

My bad. The alloys + change in original tyres cost 80k. 15 odd extra for the tyres.

Honda is known for rip-offs but the product and their service is much better then say Skoda - supposedly a much higher scale car.

I saw an ANHC with the new optional grill and it looks hideous! The stock grill is far better.

When I inquired Civic sports's alloy wheel (15" white one) a set of 5 would cost around 90 K:Shockked: and lenso 17" would cost around 30-35K. Then I decided to stick to the stock one. As always the price at the dealer is high.

Eg. Fog lamp for civic from dealer 17K
After market ones 3-4 K

Do you get xenon/HID as an original accessory for City form showroom? How much does it cost? Has any current owners gone for it considering that the stock headlamps are very weak?

The front-grill definietly looks interesting. Didn't find the pricing for that in the XLS shared. Any idea how much it costs?