Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2009, 23:23   #1
Senior - BHPian

Attention! Santro, Swift, Scorpio And Wagon R Owners In East Delhi

(this notice applies to other car owners also).
this is to update you guys that all persons who own the aforementioned cars, living in eastern part of delhi, a gang is getting increasingly active in stereo thefts, especially pioneer 3050, 3090 and 6050 units which are installed in these 4 models since it is easy to open the door with a scale.

those cars which have aftermarket remote keyless entry fitted are also not spared. the wires from the bottom of the cars are cut which have disabled them. a large number of santro cars are targeted.

in my locality, yesterday, 13 stereos (including mine) were stolen, also in december about 33 other decks were ripped of from these 4 cars.

kindly take extra precaution and it makes sense to go for stereo insurance.
in case of any suspicious activity, kindly report to the police.

issued in public interest by sidindica.
Old 15th February 2009, 23:55   #2
BHPian

lol and I thought this is going to another great scoop from you dude.

Thanks for sharing though. People in east delhi, be careful, cos sidindica has good sources and when he tells you better listen.
Old 16th February 2009, 20:11   #3
Senior - BHPian

Well would you believe it, my wagonR has been broken in thrice, yes three times when i used to live in South Delhi (Sheikh Sarai). Never the autocop worked for me, it was the gear lock which saved my car everytime. It was the front quarter glass and rear quarter glass which was easy target of the thieves.
Old 16th February 2009, 21:12   #4
Senior - BHPian

ALERT NO 2: there have been confirmed reports of about 22 ECMs being stolen of various marutis and indica turbo euro 3 (non-vista) models from PANDAV NAGAR
LAXMI NAGAR
MOTHER DAIRY PLANT AREA.

kindly keep your car secure and report any theft to police immediately.

RECOMMENDED: ENDORSE YOUR STEREO, AMP AND SUBWOOFER
(IF IT CAME WITH BILL AND WARRENTY)
UNDER INSURANCE TO MINIMISE YOUR LOSS.
Old 16th February 2009, 22:00   #5
Senior - BHPian

I live in east delhi and have a Santro fitted with a Pio 6050 ,so am doomed right ?
What precautions can we take ?
Old 16th February 2009, 22:06   #6
Senior - BHPian

Don't you guys have parking spaces inside your buildings/bunglows? Never been to Delhi so asking this question.
Old 16th February 2009, 22:31   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Don't you guys have parking spaces inside your buildings/bunglows? Never been to Delhi so asking this question.
It seems that these guys can make a killing if they start their modus operandi in Bangalore especially Indiranagar etc. Most of the cars lie outside the houses on the pavements - so easy access to the cars and equipment inside.

Anyway IMHO I think most of these guys are local guys - something which a night gaurd/local watch can fix easily. Secondly why not engage in a security system and gear lock and carry the equipment i.e. HU inside when you park. Though the speakers and amps are open targets......
Old 16th February 2009, 22:48   #8
Senior - BHPian

The Swifts' doors cannot be opened with a scale.
Old 17th February 2009, 00:40   #9
BHPian

Hmmm, i'm lost for words here. I always thought remotely locked cars gives a thief second thoughts of breaking into it. Guess remote locking/security system isn't useful here. Guess the gangs are smart in regular/normal security wirings. Is there anyway we can re-wire the security system or any particular brands to alarm the vehicle?? Not everyone has a secured place to park thier vehicle.
Old 17th February 2009, 08:22   #10
Senior - BHPian

All security systems are only a deterrent. Nothing is fool proof. A properly equipped thief can break into a car in seconds if not minutes.

Also makes me wonder if so many ECMs' are getting spoilt that there is such a huge demand for them in the market.

Last edited by vikram_d : 17th February 2009 at 08:24.
Old 17th February 2009, 09:00   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Also makes me wonder if so many ECMs' are getting spoilt that there is such a huge demand for them in the market.
Chicken & egg situation here, Vikram!
You CREATE the demand by stealing plenty of ECUs! People will go running to the A.S.S., hear the price and faint!
When they come to, they'll go running to the local market, and Voila! we're in business!
Old 17th February 2009, 09:30   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Well would you believe it, my wagonR has been broken in thrice, yes three times when i used to live in South Delhi (Sheikh Sarai). Never the autocop worked for me, it was the gear lock which saved my car everytime. It was the front quarter glass and rear quarter glass which was easy target of the thieves.
Gear lock.. How does it work and where it is installed. Please explain more in detail
Old 17th February 2009, 09:55   #13

you can install it on any car accessory shop or your car dealer also.
Old 17th February 2009, 10:44   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
(this notice applies to other car owners also).
this is to update you guys that all persons who own the aforementioned cars, living in eastern part of delhi, a gang is getting increasingly active in stereo thefts, especially pioneer 3050, 3090 and 6050 units which are installed in these 4 models since it is easy to open the door with a scale.

those cars which have aftermarket remote keyless entry fitted are also not spared. the wires from the bottom of the cars are cut which have disabled them. a large number of santro cars are targeted.

in my locality, yesterday, 13 stereos (including mine) were stolen, also in december about 33 other decks were ripped of from these 4 cars.

kindly take extra precaution and it makes sense to go for stereo insurance.
in case of any suspicious activity, kindly report to the police.

issued in public interest by sidindica.
Damn, Sidindica, which part of East Delhi u live in ? I also live there.

I have started to carry my HU to home after parking in the night after reading your stories (System stolen 3rd time).

Better be more careful now. Thanks for the tip.
Old 1st March 2009, 12:23   #15
Team-BHP Support

Well, Well, Well.

In Mayur Vihar (East Delhi), 40 stereos and even ACs from some cars were stoled yesterday night. Gosh, 40 at one go :O

Its all over the local media today, and apparently the Police Station is just a couple of 100m away and a checkpoint even closer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks