Team-BHP - Grande Punto Test Car Pics
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Grande Punto Test Car Pics (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/54441-grande-punto-test-car-pics.html)

I visited the Fiat Automobiles factory in Ranjangaon on 15/2/2009 with my family. We took a detailed tour of the Linea Assembly line. The team who assisted us on the visit was very genial and they had made impeccable arrangements. In fact they had even arranged for our lunch post the visit.

Fiat team seems to be getting serious about customer satisfaction.

They have already started assembly of Grande Punto as a test project in the Linea assembly line.

Here are a few pics of the Grande Punto Test Vehicle.

Great!

Can you post more pics of the car itself and the assembly line if you have taken pics of the assembly line.

Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nkrishnap (Post 1196589)
Great!

Can you post more pics of the car itself and the assembly line if you have taken pics of the assembly line.

Thanks.

i dont think pics would have been allowed of the assembly line.

In the first picture,it looks like the car is carrying a lot of load in the boot (just see the rear wheel and flaring almost touching). And i have some doubts regarding the GC too. Or maybe it's just the picture.

very unlikely that they let any visitor take snaps of the assembly line. However, snaps of the test car should be fine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by isldhn (Post 1196603)
In the first picture,it looks like the car is carrying a lot of load in the boot (just see the rear wheel and flaring almost touching). And i have some doubts regarding the GC too. Or maybe it's just the picture.

We call it as Load and Stress Testing lol:

any pics of the interiors?
did they say anything about the expected launch etc?

Any pics of the interiors would have helped as we have seen many pics of the Punto test vehicles on the road.

With that checkered camouflage it could be mistook for Indica on streets. Hope that it looks distinct in colors !

Hey this is great. How did you manage it?? Do let us have your impressions on the manufacturing set up.

You mentioned that there is a test line set up within the Linea plant. I wonder why? I thought that Fiat was planning a big launch for the Punto.

From the pics I see that GC could be an issue. I hope that it has a better GC as compared to Linea.

Interior pics would be just great, we have had numerous sightings of the Exterior. The interiors remain a mystery. Are they same as Linea's ? Quite eager to know.

Hi whom did you contact to get a tour of the factory?can anybody get such a tour or you need some special permission?

Quote:

Originally Posted by diabloo (Post 1196673)
With that checkered camouflage it could be mistook for Indica on streets. Hope that it looks distinct in colors !

sure it could. the same way an nhc can be mistaken for good looking.:uncontrol

I can see fuel opening on right-hand side. Is this model indeed for India?

Trying to comparing noun with adjective? Bad attempt I must say.
Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 1196754)
sure it could. the same way an nhc can be mistaken for good looking.:uncontrol

Quote:

Originally Posted by diabloo (Post 1196781)
I can see fuel opening on right-hand side. Is this model indeed for India?

Even the Palio has the fuel opening lid on the right hand side. So I guess it is standard for FIAT cars.