Team-BHP - Tata Prima - Luxury Sedan
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Tata Prima - Luxury Sedan (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/54477-tata-prima-luxury-sedan.html)

The Tata Prima, the concept luxury sedan designed by Pininfarina, is an iteration of the next generation luxury sedan from Tata Motors. It combines the fundamental design characteristics of the Tata brand, as seen in the Tata Indigo, with sporty curvatures to create a coupe-like silhouette, simple yet refined with an inherent premium.

The Tata Prima’s large wheelbase of 2.70 metres endows it with excellent interior space that a luxury sedan demands. The subtle treatment of the C pillar, the hallmark of a Pininfarina design’s gracefulness and sporty characteristic, brings forth a coupe-like sloped cabin and tapering back without compromising interior space. The result is that the Tata Prima concept exudes an overall elegance, endowed with style, luxury and comfort and proportions that are classical yet modern.

Source: Tata Motors - Media Centre
Tata Prima-Pictures- Day in Pics - Economic Times

Are you thinking what I am thinking !! Looks like they borrowed some bits from the Jag XF.

now all it needs is a mismatched diesel engine, some cheap plastics, a few design defects, and the promise of ABS/Airbags in the next 6~8 months to become a real tata product :p

Where is the X-over? Where is the Elegante? And where is the Cliffhanger?

Does anybody remember the Tata Magna,the luxury car contender which had been showcased at the 98' indian expo( i think )?.Can anyone tell me what happened to it?Does the Prima share anything with that car?

I dont like the front.. especially the grille. The rest of the car is stunning indeed!

Whats with the front end? Kindda looks like someone started from the rear and lost interest by the time they got around to designing the front. Reminds me of the new Mazda 3 (The happiest car in the world!)

And yes the rear is inspired by the Jag XF.

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn (Post 1197469)
now all it needs is a mismatched diesel engine, some cheap plastics, a few design defects, and the promise of ABS/Airbags in the next 6~8 months to become a real tata product :p

Haha, good one. I own a 2004 Indica so can vouch for this!

Also add the fact that they'll have different variants like the PLG, PLS & PLX. 6 months down the line, they'll launch a shortened version called Prima Cut Short (CS) to avail excise benefits, which they will claim is the "Clubsport" version.lol:

Now I realize why Tata took over JLR. First they've launched a large saloon with a Jaguar XF silhouette. Next they're going to launch a larger SUV (called Safari Jumbo, maybe?) which will be square all around and have the silhouette of a Range Rover. Very soon the facelift for the Tata Ace will look like a shrunken Defender with a load bay!:uncontrol

what the hell am i seeing??:Shockked: its great, its amazing.clap:

Isn't the headlights a bit like Vista's . I liked the design overall. Maybe they will launch this in India by 2025 after they have gone tired with Indica/Indigo facelifts:uncontrol

high resolution images on this link

Autocar India Forums: Pinninfarina designed Tata Prima debut at Geneva!

This really does look like a mini Jaguar XF!! especially the rear.
I quite like the line on the sides - very unlike the regular Tata designs - particularly the crease on the rear door, in front of the rear wheel arch.

Not a big fan of the front grill though.

Overall I think it looks quite hot!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn (Post 1197469)

ROFL! Now that was a good one!

Doesn't it look like a frightened, crouching, tail between the legs puppy. It has no road presence at all. Does not look like it can move.

Yet another piece of sculpture for RT to show off in the Tata family's favourite city of Geneva.

Of all the concepts that have been showcased in Geneva over the years, how many have actually seen the road? Add this to the list.