Team-BHP - New Hyundai Sonata - July launch @ 16 lacs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   New Hyundai Sonata - July launch @ 16 lacs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/5533-new-hyundai-sonata-july-launch-16-lacs-4.html)

It's looking awesome. Has my eyes drooling over!

Quote:

Originally Posted by readonly
They should name it something else....not a sonata anymore!

Had they done this, it would have taken a little lesser beating from people as a copied Accord, but because it's named a Sonata, people will always say more due to the Ctrl C + Ctrl V image of its predecessor. The psychology will always be there with that name.

Quote:

The psychology will always be there with that name
Only fiat has realised it..

I saw an ad for the old sonata... On Road price is the Ex showroom price... What do you say???

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neel
I saw an ad for the old sonata... On Road price is the Ex showroom price... What do you say???

TWO WORD.. NOT WORTH please:

Hmmm... tough calll... the inside of the Old Sonata can be done up pretty well, so if you're looking for a comfy ride, I'd buy it. Then, you can use the money you saved by buying it at ex-showroom price, and do u[p the insides. Otherwise, its a no-no.

You can get old Sonata pretty cheaply.
My uncle got something like 1L discount on V6 model. (may be cause he also bought Santo Auto for his son) But surely its not worth it.

had a break failure within first couple of months and then now everytime ABS kicks in it makes a lots of noise enough to make you fear that brake system might collapse at any minute
(been there, done that)

yeah i saw 2 white ones zip past my *speeding* rick heading back to the airport in Chennai - looked heavenly
and had much better poise and 'go' than the earlier ones. Yeah - 16L is a bit of the Getz strategy tho - charging a premium for a VFM brand does not work

They say that the 3.3 L engine will not come to India...is that true? If so, that I think is bad because I was looking for it to go on loggerheads with it's 233 PS engine against the 3.0L Honda Accord (though I'd still prefer the Accord) and we'd have performance engines here. Anyway, did you guys see the Honda Tuscani? I like the style and it uses the same V6 engine of the old Sonata...will it be sold here? What do u guys say?

Quote:

Honda Tuscani
Whats that or do you mean Hyundai??

I guess the smart thing to do is wait for Hyundai to release the Sonata and have it flop badly. Then when the prices come crashing down like the last generation model, it'll be the perfect car to pick up and blitz. Looks good with mods and you can't argue with 3.3 litres.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
can't argue with 3.3 litres.

Only if you have a petrol pump that is rl:

but Sonata wont do well since most people who buy such cars buy on brand name for example our Super Admin himself bought a C class for the C badge though he also admits that a Accord is way better and cheaper too..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montoya
but Sonata wont do well since most people who buy such cars buy on brand name for example our Super Admin himself bought a C class for the C badge though he also admits that a Accord is way better and cheaper too..

well thats the main reason for Merc sales, most people buy because they want to make an statement as "THEY CAN"

this happened few years back when one of my fathers friend asked my dad as "why don't you buy Merc?" & my dad replied "Now I don't have to! you know I can afford one."

Quote:

our Super Admin himself bought a C class for the C badge though he also admits that a Accord is way better and cheaper too..
Nope, when i got the C there was no new Accord.

BTW I am a repeat owner and did not need to make a statement.

GTO

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO
Nope, when i got the C there was no new Accord.

But even the older accord feels better then the Merc atleast in quality issues..

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO
BTW I am a repeat owner and did not need to make a statement.

GTO

Your Vtec is enough to make a statement :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliAtenza
more pics of the new sonata modded:

What about the 4 exhaust tips? are they for real, or is it just a gizmo added on?
If its for real, am trying to imagine the sound that rear end would make.. drooool..