Team-BHP - Great gesture by Tata
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Great gesture by Tata (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/5537-great-gesture-tata.html)

My uncle bought a tata india (petrol) in december last year. After around 2 months he came to know that the car had been manufactured around 8-9 months prior his purchase. He wrote a letter to the GM Tata about this. Also, around 2 months back he had gone to Agra and on the way the car suddenly stopped and didn't start there after. When taken to the service station, it was found that a chip was loose. My uncle again wrote about this incident to the GM Tata.
So, this month, the GM Tata personally went over to my uncle's house in Noida to apologize and refunded Rs 25,000 as additional discount.

your uncle is very lucky, can u give me the address or e-mail id of GM to whom your uncle wrote letter,,,,,......

Never thought I'd see this day - First Chrysler betters Mercedes in product quality. And now, their ex-Indian partners Tata could teach Mercedes a thing or two in caring for the customer.

Good to hear about this episode

GTO

Quote:

their ex-Indian partners Tata could teach Mercedes a thing or two in caring for the customer
very true... its good to see that TATA took an initiative in maintaining customer satisfaction. I just hope that mercedes willl clean up their act.

Cheers

Here's a similar story from patiala.
A family friend of ours bought an indica. It was there second indica. After five hundred kilometers the engine seized and the workshop guy treated them bad. They asked for a new engine and he said the that only repair will be done. Apart from that the car engine had started giving lots of problems like power drop etc., before this happened. So the owner wrote to tata and explained them that it is his second indica, and this is what the dealer is doing. 2 days later the dealer came to their place and with folded hands asked what do they want. He was willing to replace the car even! But they were happy with a brand new engine plonked. The Dealer also got the RTO formality done at his cost(Engine number change etc.,). Later a service manager leaked out to them that Tata had called up this dealer and told him that his dealership license would be cancelled. This incident was happened about 2 years ago.

Similar story in my hometown Ludhiana where Tata cancelled the license of concorde motors(Selling license) after customer complaints. Looks like tata is really serious about customer care. Hard to believe this coming from a truck manufacturer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979
Here's a similar story from patiala.

Similar story in my hometown Ludhiana where Tata cancelled the license of concorde motors(Selling license) after customer complaints. Looks like tata is really serious about customer care. Hard to believe this coming from a truck manufacturer.

I am proud to see that an Indian company is trying to operate in such a disciplined fashion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vahss_11
your uncle is very lucky, can u give me the address or e-mail id of GM to whom your uncle wrote letter,,,,,......

Right now i am in bangalore. Will try to get this information once i meet my uncle next month.

i have many stories like this. unfurtunately the fit and finish of tata cars still leaves something to be desired as does their engnies. 1st rate service cannot fully compensate for 2rd rate fit and 3rd rate engines (when compared to the palio, corsa, ikon, and even the accent).

Quote:

1st rate service cannot fully compensate for 2rd rate fit and 3rd rate engines
navin, did u forget the "value for money" factor of tata cars?? tatas are for people who cant afford much... hope u get it.

way to go, tata..!!! i knew tata was great, but such stories restore the faith in the existing and potential customers....

and yes, tata does have a long way to go in terms of build quality, but it's getting there, ever so slowly..... but the great news is that tata treats its customers with so much care... which will definitely help when it starts manufacturing upper or 'D' segment cars.... let's hope tata maintains a similar, if not better, attitude towards the indian customer. it seems that all my faith in tata is not in vain, after all..... now, if they could just improve their build quality and product range..... that would really be the icing on the cake....

and nitrous, i beg to differ.. tatas aren't for people who can't afford costlier cars- it's just the value for money proposition. i have seen many people who, besides having BMWs and mercs,also have indicas and safaris in their garages.

Indigo diesel engine is not third rate! It is not noisy now and 70bhp from 1.4litres is pretty good. As for reliability it is better than what fiat is giving.And look at the suspension setup too. Independent three link rear suspension for a sub 5 lakh car. Many palios develop problems which dealers do not recitify for reasons known only to them! It may not be technologically advanced compared to rivals but definately holds its own. Fit and finish is something that Tata has to improve upon, but they have come a long way.
But i have mostly found that on this forum people dont really like tata. The non TD diesel is sluggish, but the way tata has improved should teach other manufacturers a lesson.

Just curious, Sush! Is your uncle a big shot in Delhi? :p I am pleasantly surprised to read your story.

I always thought New Indica V2 is far better than orignal Indica and Indica V2. TATA's sure have kept on improving continueously.

Who's this Tata GM? We have an Indigo Petrol and it's a piece of crap on 4 wheels. I'd like someone to give me a refund too for all the crap its put me through.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
We have an Indigo Petrol and it's a piece of crap on 4 wheels.

Why do you say that? I don't own it, but I have used it for decent amount of time. It is sluggish, has poor gear shift and high body roll. But, it is very spacious, easy to move around in city, suspension is quite good as well.

Good to hear tata wants to be the next monopoly of india. really appreciate their effort.