Team-BHP - Here comes Panamera! (India by October, 2009)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Here comes Panamera! (India by October, 2009) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/56415-here-comes-panamera-india-october-2009-a.html)

NEW DELHI: German luxury carmaker Porsche today said it will launch its Panamera in India by October, 2009,priced between Rs 1.42crore and Rs 2.02 crore.

Panamera is the first four door sports car from Porsche and it will be unveiled at the upcoming Shanghai Motor Show 2009, Precision Cars India, importer of Porsche cars in India, said in a statement.

"Our dealers have already enjoyed considerable interest in the car and have received forward orders prior to the launch. We are working on a simultaneous launch of the car in India as well and are hopeful of welcoming the car in India by late September-early October 2009," Precision Cars India Managing Director Rod Wallace said.

Panamera would be available for Indian customers with a 4.8 litre V8 direct fuel injection engine, he added.

The new sports car would be priced between Rs 1.42 crore and Rs 2.02 crore (ex-showroom Delhi) and is inclusive of VAT and import duty, the release added.

Source - Porsche to launch Panamera by Oct at Rs 1.42 crore- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

clap:clap:

Prices in the stratospheric range! But it sure is a fantastic car! Competition for Maserati and the like..

Quote:

Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil (Post 1251037)
Prices in the stratospheric range! But it sure is a fantastic car! Competition for Maserati and the like..

Priced in the stratospheric range and looks in the 'most ugly cars ever range'.

Comeon porsche, you can do better than adapting old looks on every car you make.

Cheers,
AC

Quote:

Originally Posted by ac 427 (Post 1251163)
Priced in the stratospheric range and looks in the 'most ugly cars ever range'.

Comeon porsche, you can do better than adapting old looks on every car you make.

Cheers,
AC

Like Jeremy said.. Porsche has the laziest designers... (momentary pause) in the world.

That is steep ! I think there are several better options in that high a range.

1.4 crores is a LOT, I thought it would be priced a little more than a 750Li or an S500. Porsche seems confident.

IMHO, paying Rs. 1.42 crore for a Panamera that you can drive to a lunch meeting with a VIP friend and to the mall with your wife and kids in the evening makes better sense than paying 1 crore for a new BMW 750Li, provided you live where Porsche has service facility, and you drive for yourselves. Some months back, after driving a Cayenne S within hours of driving an X5, I came to understand why people are willing to pay a premium for Porsches over other German marques. It's like rewarding oneself.

Wish only if they could start a full- fledged service center in the South, though. And a six- cylinder Panamera at less than 1 crore.

Looking forward to another big success story from Porsche! clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yeldo (Post 1251281)
IMHO, paying Rs. 1.42 crore for a Panamera that you can drive to a lunch meeting with a VIP friend and to the mall with your wife and kids in the evening makes better sense than paying 1 crore for a new BMW 750Li, provided you live where Porsche has service facility, and you drive for yourselves.

Yes yes, why not. I'd like to believe they're brinding the gap between the A8/7/S and the Bentley Flying Spur. You still get something relatively exotic, I suppose. Atleast till the novelty wears off.

Porsche has just announced prices of the much awaited Porsche Panamera in India at Rs 1,41,74,000 for the Panamera S, Rs 1,47,11,000 for the Panamers 4S and a whopping Rs 2,01,84,000 for the Panamera Turbo ex-showroom, Delhi.

Mr Rod Wallace, Managing Director – Precision Cars India, official Porsche importer for India announced that the car will be sale, as soon late September or early October 2009.

The Panamera will be unveiled at the Shanghai Motor Show this year and will be Porsche’s first four door sports car.

Porsche’s four-door Gran Turismo will be available in 3 variants.

• Panamera S
• Panamera 4S
• Panamera Turbo

The entry-level Panamera S will be powered by a 4.8-litre V8 developing maximum output of 400 bhp, whilst the range topping Panamera Turbo will feature a 4.8-litre V8 biturbo developing maximum output of 500 bhp.

All models will come with Direct Fuel Injection, low-friction drive systems and lightweight bodyshells. Porsche’s seven-speed PDK or double-clutch gearbox will be available as standard on all models and will be an option only on the Panamera S.

Source : AutoCar India.

That is among the ugliest four door cars in the world, the suprise is even the Koreans (Hyundai and Kia) dont have anything close to challenge it in the ugliness stakes. Of course no one can question its tecnical brilliance. But the Quattroporte any day instead of the Panamanaanma..whatever (of course I cant afford either, dont think even in the distant future, its much cheaper dreaming on these forums), By now the Maserati is a well sorted car and far far more gorgeous.
But what I think prospective customers should wait for is the upcoming XJ. Before anyone brushes this idea off, the new one doesnt have any resemblance to the existing traditional Englishman's barge, but instead has a four door coupe profile and from the spy pics taken at the Nurburgring is a low and wide machine. It will also be priced way cheaper (well not exactly cheap) and the design in Ian Callum's hands will be gorgeous and not a german blob on four wheels.
Oh yep forgot to mention the new Jag 5.0 supercharged V8 with 500+bhp on tap.

^ agreed - it is ugly

Ugly as hell , but boy will it sell. Think Cayenne and the first impressions...

I like the rear of the car.Cant say the same about the front though.Also a premium of over 40 lakhs compared to a 750il.Thats really asking something.

What a super stance!!!

the lamborghini estoque concept looks mind blowing in front of this.
But still it is a Porsche :)