Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results:
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2011, 17:16   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Time to insist for Over-The-Counter Sale of Spares!

I think Maruti is the only manufacturer i know, where you can purchase MG parts and either diy or at your local garage.

Kudos to them for making their parts easily available.
Old 15th March 2011, 18:22   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
I think Maruti is the only manufacturer i know, where you can purchase MG parts and either diy or at your local garage.

Kudos to them for making their parts easily available.
Actually, TATA has more extensive spare parts network for OTC sales. But, Maruti too does the sales off counter.
Old 15th March 2011, 19:47   #63
Senior - BHPian

Does Maruti do OTC sales ? I doubt because recently I wanted to source MGA mud-flaps for our A-Star (since the dealer given free ones were crappy), but ABT-Chennai said they don't sell across the counter. And this is not even spares, but accessory.
Old 31st August 2011, 09:39   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Does Maruti do OTC sales ? I doubt because recently I wanted to source MGA mud-flaps for our A-Star (since the dealer given free ones were crappy), but ABT-Chennai said they don't sell across the counter. And this is not even spares, but accessory.

even Maruti has stopped the counter selling.

though there are authorized MGP spared dealers in most of the cities.

but those dealers keep only regular parts, owners of gypsy, SS80 are left with option of MGP replicas aka duplicate or non standard parts.
Old 5th September 2011, 21:06   #65
BHPian

Sai Service of mumbai lower parel would do over the counter sales of mga and mgp in fact the counter staff is quite helpful and they still do over the counter sales . I have used their service many times . This is the main reason u shuld stick to maruti becuse if an A.S.S. does not have the part u want u can get the original outside and are not stuck and rendered helpless .
Old 5th May 2013, 21:56   #66
Senior - BHPian

is there any alternate way to get hold of GM spares ? a friend of mine is looking for an Aveo U VA RHS headlight and bumper in mumbai, and the ASC rates are atrocious
Old 5th May 2013, 22:15   #67
BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Genuine spares are available over the counter in Trivandrum & Palakkad for sure. These are not attached to Showroom/Service centre but standalone stores.

Last edited by Skyline GT-R : 5th May 2013 at 22:21.
Old 5th May 2013, 23:03   #68
BHPian

Even Hyundai spares are available over the counter.
Just bought a switch for fog lamps.
Old 6th May 2013, 09:51   #69
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Oddly TATA seems to be doing the best in this aspect with Original spares in Original packing available for purchase both at the ASS and at other stores outside. Also they have a lot of generic spares available at other outside stores.

I do think that the manufacturer is reasonably within his rights to insist on servicing at the ASS within the warranty period. Though after that it is the customers decision as right now. The local garage is on many occasions not aware of say just now to open / access a defective part without causing damage to various clips and panels along the way, and every part has a specific way in which it needs to be accessed and only the ASS are trained in that aspect. That said there are many smart mechanics in local garages who have figured out the process for most purposes.
Old 6th May 2013, 10:49   #70
BHPian

It took me around 40 minutes to get a liter of Power Steering Fluid 2 months ago from H.A.S.S. . They had to open a job card for it , inward the car and so on....

Could someone at Honda India please explain to me how spending 40 minutes of both the customer's time as well as a service adviser's time is a show of Japanese Efficiency?? It's clearly an exemplary show of in-efficiency.

They loose more money by having everybody run around for a small bottle, than the profit on the bottle of P.S. Fluid!!

Full On Babudom
Old 6th May 2013, 13:03   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikem View Post
It took me around 40 minutes to get a liter of Power Steering Fluid 2 months ago from H.A.S.S. . They had to open a job card for it , inward the car and so on....

Could someone at Honda India please explain to me how spending 40 minutes of both the customer's time as well as a service adviser's time is a show of Japanese Efficiency?? It's clearly an exemplary show of in-efficiency.

They loose more money by having everybody run around for a small bottle, than the profit on the bottle of P.S. Fluid!!

Full On Babudom
Is it necessary to buy the power steering fluid from Honda only?
Old 9th May 2013, 22:12   #72
BHPian

I'm sure for higher end cars it won't be very feasible to get the parts yourself (if you can find them) and then fix your car. The electronic nannies would lock the ECU or enforce some other security feature. You might even end up with a void warranty. I don't see why companies wouldn't want that. With a void warranty you'll have to pay through your nose the next time.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks