Team-BHP - 1600 cc to play with. Choose one.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   1600 cc to play with. Choose one. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/5708-1600-cc-play-choose-one-4.html)

Baleno- reason is that its powerful when stock and its crazy fast when modded. Iceman's baleno is one of the greatest reasons i started loving balenos.

When it comes to pure performance when modded, its the Baleno .

btw, why is it that revvhead gets 2.5kpl on the expressway while harrie gets 15-18kpl on the highway. BOTH IN THE PALIO 1.6 !

One thing i have learnt after driving the Palio for 2 years is this - The car is very much dependent on its electronics. Fill it up with petrol from IBP it looses power like hell. Its so sluggish. I reckon its got to do with the ECU. Fill it up with Speed and you immediately note the difference.

Similarly the sensors play a very very vital part. If the oxygen sensor is fouled or not working properly, FE can drop to 2 kmpl!!! I am sure 2.5kmpl is a aberration.

BTW :OT I checked out a GTX last week. Thought of picking it up for 2.5L but that guy was asking above 2.7 That car had some engine mods and was putting out close to 130 BHP without remapping the ECU!

And talking about power did you know that the fiat uno turbo which was sold in the UK puts out 250 BHP in fully modded state?

I can see Palio GTX taking the lead on this thread.. but that wouldnot have been the case if and only if the vtec was also a part of this thread.. Lets start another thread with Cars ranging from 1500cc to 2000cc oops then the RS will win hands down..

I voted the Palio too.

Harrie when are you selling your GTX? I wouldnt mind picking it up at all! ;-)

I voted Palio because of looks, great sound without any modifications, and the fact that it's 100 BHP on a hatch!

A relative of mine has a Baleno, but the guy doesnt go above 2000 Rpm in any gear! Kinda sad if you ask me.

@ superavi: I am looking at buying another GTX. How can i ever sell the GTX?

Look at it this way, I got the GTX for 5.5L on road. I am saving almost 1L over the baleno. And imagine what 1L worth of mods in it can do... :D

Maximum bang per buck nothing comes close to the GTX. But personally when i am not in the boy racer mood i prefer the City.

Quote:

A relative of mine has a Baleno, but the guy doesnt go above 2000 Rpm in any gear! Kinda sad if you ask me.
What FE does he get then? Must be 13kpl atleast since Iceman gets 11 with revving till 6000..

there are people who wanted to vote for Petra 1600 but since its not listed, they have voted for Palio GTX. Like me... :)

ookkayyy.... there's a tough one...choosing between the palio1.6 and the baleno....hmmm.....well, here goes...

for sheer thrills and frills, the 1.6 gtx.
for relative refinement, reliability, service backup and mod capability, the baleno.....

well, after some thinking and screwing with my brain, i decided to go for....the baleno, as that's the car i'd like to mod, shod, and hot rod; and i would like to see any petrol car in my garage for two years at least; so , the service back-up is critical....

but i vote for the baleno only as a more practical option. if i didn't have to give a second thought, or if i had some serious moolah (for maintenance and fuel), then it's the 1.6, hands down, no doubt....

Palio GTX is an amazing car and perfect for the narrow roads and steep hills here. Plus, the design is original and remains fresh. Everything's fantastic bout the car except the state of it's company :(
Baleno, same size, same basic shape, same price, same engine and gearing with better sound insulation and re-done exterior and interior the lights, fogs, TAILLIGHTS, interior- Plastics, fabrics, digital readings, modern HVAC controls, etc. etc. Better tyres and alloys and U have a clean winner.

Quote:

Originally Posted by greatDrive
there are people who wanted to vote for Petra 1600 but since its not listed, they have voted for Palio GTX. Like me... :)

Hey greatdrive.. check again. The Petra is present... albeit in the Siena disguise. Eitherways... Petra/Siena... same thing.

Revv

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revvmaster
Hey greatdrive.. check again. The Petra is present... albeit in the Siena disguise. Eitherways... Petra/Siena... same thing.

Revv

Nice to See Fiat constituting 50% of the votes. Just wonder what would have been the result if Fiat had a better service network.

I vote full on for the 1.6 GTX,not because I drive one but its the thrill of the machine if one understands the finer aspects of motoring.The drawbacks in the GTX is it has no traction control system and EBD.

The Baleno maybe a good car..but its definitely underpowered for its size.A lil bit of oversteer as well at high speeds.

Just go for the GTX.

Quote:

Originally Posted by greatDrive
Nice to See Fiat constituting 50% of the votes. Just wonder what would have been the result if Fiat had a better service network.

then it would have been second best auto company of India giving Maruti run for its money! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by VIV
I vote full on for the 1.6 GTX,not because I drive one but its the thrill of the machine if one understands the finer aspects of motoring.The drawbacks in the GTX is it has no traction control system and EBD.

The Baleno maybe a good car..but its definitely underpowered for its size.A lil bit of oversteer as well at high speeds.

Just go for the GTX.

baleno underpowered???? what do you drive VIV?- a porsche 911 turbo???

It seems very clear that the GTX is the outright choice for most members ... and it just reflects the sad state of affairs that Fiat is in. Inspite of having a hot car on the road they cudnt mantain their sales .... My choice too is the GTX -- though sadly not toomany options when it comes to mods ..... !!! I believe the ECU re mapping of this engine is not possible ...or else it uwd have been even crazier than it is already ....

cheers