Team-BHP - Baleno makeover
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Baleno makeover (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/5729-baleno-makeover.html)

I have read that Baleno is going to have a makeover in next 3-4 months in indiacar.com ?What do you think?

The next month or so is more likely.
I think Powerslave_77 has the pictures or something.

Hope they do it soon. The Baleno is a fantastic car as we all Know and I, for one am getting sick of waiting for them to do something about the interiors and exteriors esp. the rear taillights... Probably end up buying the Swift..

I think the swift may not be as exciting to drive as the Baleno. ;)

But yeah the looks are a cuase of concern. Personally I like 'em. The interiors are okay too. Too bad it is a bit expensive when compared to the Petra.

well, typeo, the swift actually offers better handling and driving experience than the baleno. but performance-wise, the baleno wins hands down. and also, the baleno has more class, and a boot..... but hey, you always have modifications as an option, so the swift can be made as powerful as the baleno or more after a li'l tweaking, and maybe then it'll be a better car...

Quote:

Originally Posted by veyron1
well, typeo, .... tweaking, and maybe then it'll be a better car...

Well Veyron, you have driven the swift. ;) I just feel that the Baleno is far more exciting to drive. I don't think the Esteem engine will make the Swift any better a performer. Still I wil reserve my comments for now.

let me get this right ? so are we expecting a refreshed baleno by next month?
my dads fishing in that segment ,i love the baleno just the looks need to match the performance...

I also heard about it . No change in the engine but will come Tire upgrade and some exterior changes (as the did in case of Esteem), with new (increased) price.
That way Maruti is going to kill two birds in one stone, firstly it is giving the much needed freshness to Baleno and second, by increasing its price it is creating a price slot for Swift.

i have my doubts bout the Swifts performance. it shares its powerplant with the Esteem, and is a full 200Kgs heavier. the international version, however, has a 1500cc rig, which might make it comparable with the Baleno.

Just wating for that day when baleno will be upgraded..

But over here there is a 1.6 Swift expected but later..

Is the launch of a makeover Baleno in sight? Does anyone have any pics?

As said earlier, if the price is going to be revised (increased), is it then worth waiting?

:confused:

Is the launch of a makeover Baleno in sight? Does anyone have any pics?

As said earlier, if the price is going to be revised (increased), is it then worth waiting?

:confused:

I have my doubts over Maruti's design skills. They took a Zen and uglified it. Hopefully the guys who designed the Swift and Escudo can work their magic on the Baleno.

What Maruti needs is a completely diff car. They've been playing the "Plastic Surgeon" far too long now.

Shan2nu

Quote:

Originally Posted by veyron1
well, typeo, the swift actually offers better handling and driving experience than the baleno. but performance-wise, the baleno wins hands down. and also, the baleno has more class, and a boot..... but hey, you always have modifications as an option, so the swift can be made as powerful as the baleno or more after a li'l tweaking, and maybe then it'll be a better car...

Just put 185+ size tyres in a Baleno and see the handling metamorph into a drivers delight.