Team-BHP - Why almost all new Swift are of White Colours?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Why almost all new Swift are of White Colours? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/57485-why-almost-all-new-swift-white-colours.html)

I am just pissed of seeing Swift in white only. In Delhi Almost everyday I see new Swift or Dzire's in white colour only. I don't know whether it is same all across India or not but In UP & NCr it is like this only.

Even I liked swift in White colour but this is overdoing for me and making monotonous of seeing them in white only. Before availability of the Swift in white colour, quite a good no’s of them used to sell in Red & Grey but know I hardly see any new of them in these colours also.

There could be following reasons for the same:-

MSIL could be producing more in White colour and people have no choice but to pick the colour available due to long waiting periods.

Swift & Dzire looks best in white colour.

People Like white colour a lot.

It is easiest to maintain for our conditions.

Disclaimer: - This is Just an Observation of mine and process to know why Swift is selling more in White colours. Nothing to offend any Swift or Dzire buyers

Maybe everyone is going for black aftermarket alloys which look awesome on white swifts!:D

How is a white car easy to maintain in this country?

I think it's just you, I've seen plenty of all colours, I myself have one in black.

Quote:

Originally Posted by prince_pervez (Post 1278042)
Maybe everyone is going for black aftermarket alloys which look awesome on white swifts!:D

Why only black ? - Machine grey, Copper Bronze, hypersilver.. you name it, it goes with the White Swift. :D

IMHO the Swift looks best in Pearl White. I so very wanted to buy it, but her highness rejected it saying its a "Jeetendra Color" :eek:

White is easy to maintain on the scratches/dents front. Not really with Dust.

Quote:

Originally Posted by prince_pervez (Post 1278042)

Well prince_pervez this reason sounds great for the people who likes to do after market jobs but no for majority of people, but still this could serve as a one reason :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gagan.js (Post 1278055)
How is a white car easy to maintain in this country?

I think it's just you, I've seen plenty of all colours, I myself have one in black.

I think you haven't read the complete post, for that reason only I have mentioned, this I what I see in NCR. I don't know how it is in rest of the Country.

Without intending to offend anyone, my observations are below:

1. Not many people prefer to by black because, (a) its a bit difficult to maintain, and (b) many people think of it as inauspicious.

2. Have you seen the choice of colours for the Swift D. Golden, silver, azure gray, black, red, sky blue, copper, and white. So unimaginative.

3. The Swift looks HOT in white.

... and hence my friend, people end up buying the White over other options. Personally, i'd like to see some sporty and vibrant colours on the Swift. Whatever happened to the Electric blue and Green shade that was available for the petrol versions...

PS: And yes, this phenomenon is occurring in Mumbai too. Picture this - 2 of my close friends, both have a Swift D, and both have them in White.

I bought a White color Swift VDI a month back. I think White color is too good on a swift. I was also told that White color has max sales all over india and a Co builds a car which has max demand by the end user.agree:

The white colour coming on the swifts is pearl metallic white,its not cheap but looks real awesome.

one of my friend just got the delievery of white swift,and two other friends have booked the same in white :)

Mine's grey --- and all the others (in Chennai) seem to me to be grey!

I am going to pickup my Swift VDi tomorrow. Indecently the color i am picking up is white. I initially wanted to pick up the Grey but my sis already has a VXi of the same color. Second choice was between the silver and the white. I have about four silver's in my locality hence the white. Also i would be putting hyper silver alloys on the car instead of black. I for one feel that black is really tough to maintain and also swift looks the hottest with hyper silver alloys on white.

In Hyderabad Red and White are very common Swift colours.
Red colour has many modifications like White roof,white mag wheels etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom (Post 1278117)
Mine's grey --- and all the others (in Chennai) seem to me to be grey!

+1

Ever since I've bought mine in Azure Grey, every 2nd Swift in Chennai seems to be the same. Thank god I've put some slight modifications here and there lol.

White cars are easier to sell off. Just put 2 ads in the papers
1. White Swift Vdi for sale
2. Grey/Black etc Vdi for sale
Same spec, same kms, same price. See which one gets a better response.
However white cars are also the most stolen cars.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fountainheader (Post 1278226)
+1

Ever since I've bought mine in Azure Grey, every 2nd Swift in Chennai seems to be the same. Thank god I've put some slight modifications here and there lol.

-2, I think most Swifts are silver in colour !! (of course, my colour)

White and silver here.
Any Small car look good in white colour and it also save the extra price for the metalic colour.