Team-BHP - How to give traffic complaints in chennai??
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   How to give traffic complaints in chennai?? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/57607-how-give-traffic-complaints-chennai.html)

Hi to all the chaps from Chennai.
I want to give a complaint regarding the junction near my house in royapettah. I live on lloyds road (the admk office road), and there is the junction that is a nightmare. There used to be a traffic signal there that was removed many years back I think. Everyday going through there is like putting your life at risk.
DOes anyone know any number or any kind of complaint line to traffic police or authorities where we can bring the situation to light?

you can write to the Traffic commissioner of police. take his address from the anna salai police station ( which is in the service lane opp spencers plaza )

you can also file an RTI application along with that to seek details as to why the said traffic signal was removed

You could also write to newspapers.

There is a "Reader's Section" or something of that sort that is published in the Hindu. Complaints mostly deal with Bad roads, Power problems, Drainage issues etc etc. You could give it a try too.

Not sure if this works. You could give a try

Chennai Traffic Police :: Complaints

Thanks guys for the prompt replies. I will try all the options.
I found a 2006 hindu article that had some phone numbers for traffic complaints. Should give them a try as well.

If it helps, the Government of India has an online Grievance forum at Grievance Redress Mechanism in Government

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 1281345)
If it helps, the Government of India has an online Grievance forum at Grievance Redress Mechanism in Government

I have tried this portal 3 times for a issue near my residence and I got the acknowledgement notice twice from the central government and once from the Chief minister cell, all times after 45 days from the day of raising the grieveance. No ACTION taken yet:Frustrati. So this mechanism looks like it is working(very slowly though), but not actually working(No ACTIONs taken).

Hey pras.oct25 ,

Here is a news in today's hindu on the chaotic traffic situation at the junction you were talking about.

Quote:

Traffic situation chaotic at this junction

Staff Reporter
CHENNAI: It is an ordeal for motorists to cross the Royapettah High Road – Lloyds Road junction in Royapettah as the area has no traffic signal for over one and half years now. Minor accidents are common at the junction.

The junction, near the AIADMK headquarters where Royapettah High Road bisects Lloyds Road and a fifth road leads into Balaji Nagar, witnesses traffic jam during rush hour as motorists including MTC bus drivers desperately attempt to manoeuvre their vehicles through the mayhem. V. Parthasarathy, a resident of Lloyds Road close to the party office, who passes through the junction every day to work, terms the traffic on the junction as ‘checkmate.’

According to Royapettah traffic police station, five traffic signals were installed at the junction in June 2007 following a petition to the then City Police Commissioner. The signals were removed a few months later after being proven ineffective, the police said. Traffic policemen believe that a median on Royapettah High Road from outside Swagath Hotel to the beginning of the flyover ahead could clear the traffic chaos. Mohammed Shakeel Akhter, ACP (Traffic), said that a team would study the situation .

Link: The Hindu : Tamil Nadu / Chennai News : Traffic situation chaotic at this junction

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mission_Safari (Post 1308219)
Hey pras.oct25 ,

Here is a news in today's hindu on the chaotic traffic situation at the junction you were talking about.

Wow... Glad to see that the place has been identified as a trouble maker. Thanks for the post! I hope they will finally do something about it. I go by that place everyday to get to my house with fear of my car being trampled down.

It is a very chaotic junction. Hope something is done now that it has been brought out in a newspaper.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruiser_1982 (Post 1281376)
I have tried this portal 3 times for a issue near my residence and I got the acknowledgement notice twice from the central government and once from the Chief minister cell, all times after 45 days from the day of raising the grieveance. No ACTION taken yet:Frustrati. So this mechanism looks like it is working(very slowly though), but not actually working(No ACTIONs taken).

1. In Malayalam, there is a saying - "using a spade to remove what can be done with a needle".

Approach "small" authorities to deal with "small" problems.

2. Central govt. deals with problems at a national level. There is a division of "subjects" (areas of governance) between the central and state government. For localised issues, contact local authorities.

It is not that misdirected communication would not be re-directed. It is only that a complaint on a non-central subject sent to the central govt. will not be followed up by them.

you can try 94444 40557, apparently belongs to the commissioner of police. A friend of ours who stopped me on the road gave me this little info. But have never tried!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mission_Safari (Post 1280827)
Not sure if this works. You could give a try

Chennai Traffic Police :: Complaints

Just went checking for another reason. The complaint section is quiet active.

See the response to a complaint from the Addl. commisioner of police.
Chennai Traffic Police :: Complaints*»*Complaint List*»*View complaint

You can see all the complaints lodged..
Chennai Traffic Police :: Complaints List

Hi pras.oct25,

Me too living nearby place at that junction. It is always be a nightmare to cross that junction.I see everyone struggled/ or do some adventures there to cross that junction. very rare to see a constable to control the traffic over there. Did you lodge any complaints? 6 months are gone, still this junction looks as same.. no improvements...