Team-BHP - FIAT India has new Leader!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   FIAT India has new Leader! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/5803-fiat-india-has-new-leader-2.html)

I just hope this new leader pulls of some miracle and gets fiat going again. I love fiat cars and especially the Palio and Petra. I failed to find any faults with the Palio except its FE not on par with the competition. It looks and feels the best small car and yeah it feels better then the Swift. Only reason why i love the swift more is since it has more techno and has a stable dealership network unlike the Fiat. Long live Fiat..

Just wanted to inform you all that I called up Anuroop for a price-list and you know what? The GTX has resurrected in the garb of Palio NV 1.6 Sports(4.8 L ex-showroom Mumbai). The Petra is available in 1.2 EL & ELX versions too besides 1.6 EL and ELX. The Fiat Palio Adventure has also been resurrected and is called Fiat Adventure Sports with a mouth watering Mumbai Ex showroom price of Rs. 5.58 L. All are Euro III. I have asked them to give me the equipment list for all the models. So...whats happening?

Yes. These models were launched around 15-20 days back. But as usual, there are no promotionals by Fiat. Only Fiat manages to goof up like this each and everytime.

MUMBAI: Fiat India Ltd is to streamline its operations and rework on the brand strategy at the premium end to reaffirm its presence in India.
"We are here to stay and we need to streamline our operations and brand strategy," the newly appointed managing director Paolo Castagna told reporters at the launch of the 1.6 litre petrol Fiat Adventure Sport vehicle on Friday.
He said as part of the overall strategy, the company aims to achieve greater cost reduction, achieve customer satisfaction, improve after sales service and dealer network as per Fiat's international standards.
On the introduction of Panda and Idea in the Indian market, Castagna said clinical tests have provided positive results but bringing them into the Indian market would take some more time.
"The task at hand is to ensure a product with the required techniclal specifcations, including the amount of localisation, with the correct costing and perfect pricing structure", he added.

While admitting weakness in the service sector, he said "We will revamp out after-sale service and dealers' network in India as per Fiat's international standards. We are planning to organise orientation programme for our dealers.

"Even after that, if the dealers can not perform up to the mark, we will think of curtailing the number of dealers." Dr Castagna said the company suffered a huge operating loss in 2004 but did not divulge the figure. The production rate last year was also much below their capacity of producing 60,000 units per year, he added. But he said, "we are conducting a survey on market positioning and customer requirements to come up with better service and products." Fiat Adventure Sport, the MD said, will be available in four colours-- Formula Red, Thunder Black, Silver Frost and Glacier White.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ow/1131467.cms

http://sify.com/finance/equity/fulls...hp?id=13816144

shouldnt this go in the "FIAT India has new Leader! " thread ...?
anyways similar announcements have happened before from Fiat so lets see if they can really do it this time... the "it will take time" to launch new models line doesn't inspire much confidence though..

This is typical stock statement, sounds like our politicians 'Hame Karana Hai, Hame Dekhna Hai, Agalay Daas Saal Main Bharaat Ek Super Power Banegi, Eess Hadase ke piccche ISI ka haath hai...'

Ask him (that FIAT Cheif) to bring up the web site first which won't take less than 24 hours and Rs 2000.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SMG
Ask him (that FIAT Cheif) to bring up the web site first which won't take less than 24 hours and Rs 2000.

Nice suggestion. But you are off on the figures. Developing a new website is far more costlier.

I would rather he improve the so called ASS. LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by hasopi
We are planning to organise orientation programme for our dealers.

What? This wasn't done the first time around? :confused:

Seriously though, if FIAT can get its act together, it will make their good cars good buys. A long time ago, ACI compared the diesel Indica V2 with the diesel Uno and had this to say about the Uno - "The Uno is the better car but not necessarily the better buy".

hrag

Quote:

Originally Posted by typeOnegative
Nice suggestion. But you are off on the figures. Developing a new website is far more costlier.

I would rather he improve the so called ASS. LOL

No Sir, they are not supposed to develop a web site from grounds up. I believe they already had a web site and later pulled it down because of some undisclosed reason.

So if now they want to bring it up again, then what they need to do is to pay only the charges to keep it online, and for first 3 months or even year it won't cost them much.

Improving ASS will take much longer time and money and requires lots of planning.

By thw way, one thing I noticed in that long, long Sales talk of that new FIAT cheif is at one point he openly thretened existing delaership!! Well, his intensions might be good but at this stage FIAT has to get along with what so ever Dealership network remained with them.

Treatening won't help, at the end it is the dealer who sells and services the car, in fact this new FIAT CEO should have openly admired existing dealers for their loyalty and support.

Don't know but some how I always felt that all FIAT India CEOs came here to serve a sentence (jail term) sort of thing, some how continued till the sentence term (Kaala Paani) is over and after that went back to Italy to make room for a new inmate to start a sentence term.

Quote:

No Sir, they are not supposed to develop a web site from grounds up. I believe they already had a web site and later pulled it down because of some undisclosed reason.
Official Fiat line is that they are revamping the website totally. True or False? Only Fiat knows. (BTW, it was pulled down because it was hacked.)

Quote:

Don't know but some how I always felt that all FIAT India CEOs came here to serve a sentence (jail term) sort of thing
Well said. So they have found a new "Bakra"? :D Anyway, let's hope it is different this time around.

Followers are more important than the Leaders.
No matter who leads this company,its down and out.People think twice to even go and test drive a Fiat.And with the Indian mentality in picture,they think Maruti or Hyundai!!!
It'll take then a couple of years to get back on track,else Fiat naam satya hai!! :D

X

Quote:

Originally Posted by X-Machine
Followers are more important than the Leaders.
No matter who leads this company,its down and out.

I am no management guru, but I disagree with this. (Nothing to do with Fiat here). Followers are very important, but it's the leader who sets the tone, direction and leads by example. There are umpteen instances in corporate world where an able leader caused a marked turnaround of fortunes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RX135
but it's the leader who sets the tone, direction and leads by example

100% RIGHT. He is the one who sets the winning culture and fire in the bloods, which creates the mindset "do whatever it takes".

We cannot rule out the chances saying they are finished. Anyone can bounce back ( if they make themselves capable for change)

Good to know Palio 1.6 has come. Just hope that the engine is not detuned like the 1.2 for FE..

Does the any car of fiat except the diesels have ABS or airbags??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montoya
Does the any car of fiat except the diesels have ABS or airbags??

GTX SP PS had both ABS + Airbags.