Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2005, 10:10   #1
BHPian

Does Hyundai have exchange offer

Hi All,
How cost effective will it be to exchange a Xing XP 2004 for a Getz basic model. (Considering the heavy discounts being offered on Getz).
Old 3rd June 2005, 10:24   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sush
Hi All,
How cost effective will it be to exchange a Xing XP 2004 for a Getz basic model. (Considering the heavy discounts being offered on Getz).
All the dealers will have a used car broker working with them as consultant. Going with them is as good as selling your vehicle to a used car showroom.

If you insist that you want to sell your vehicle to a direct customer, these consultants will organize for a direct buyer. They will struck a deal with the buyer saying that he needs to give them Rs.10000/- flat for the price they get the car. This means you will not get the actual market price ( end user sale price)

If you take TVS ( authorized dealers for Honda) they pay you the cash and take the vehicle & sell it off. I do not think Hyundai does this way. I agree that there is not much difference between two other than Honda putting initial investment

I suggest to sell it through ad in newspaper and keep the purchase of Getz separate.
Old 3rd June 2005, 10:29   #3
BHPian

Thanks for the information
Old 3rd June 2005, 11:09   #4
SMG
BHPian

It is better to sell the old car through your own efforts , place a ad in news paper, spread the word within your frind circle. If you try the 'Trade In' approch you will save time and efforts but suffer financial loss.
Old 3rd June 2005, 11:30   #5
BANNED

Sush never trade through dealer they always give you lesser price. I was quoted Rs. 6L 20K for my NHC at honda but sold at 6.45L through direct..
Old 3rd June 2005, 11:59   #6
Senior - BHPian

yes, sush.

I very strongly suggest u'll have an extra 10-15k with urself if u sell the car on ur own.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks