Team-BHP - AVEO 1.4 Base - Upgraded
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   AVEO 1.4 Base - Upgraded (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/58774-aveo-1-4-base-upgraded.html)

Friends,

I've booked AVEO1.4 base. I got a call from the showroom that Chevvy is upgrading this with the following features -

1. Body colored door handles
2. Body colored ORVMs
3. Seat fabric with new design pattern and upgraded quality
4. Driver seat height adjustment

Initially thought of FIAT Linea, but somehow opted for this:). Now waiting for the delivery of the car

Congrats. So, any news on the upper version? LS & LT? Are they also getting some upgrades?

Also, would be interested to hear why YOU opted for this especially after thinking of FIAT Linea? clap:

Btw, since it is about your new car, I think this should be belong to the Test drive & initial ownership thread.

Congrats, Aveo is the best VFM car around. Do post your experience and initial reviews.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rnidumolu (Post 1306913)
Friends,

I've booked AVEO1.4 base. I got a call from the showroom that Chevvy is upgrading this with the following features -

1. Body colored door handles Great! I have a Black so upgraded to chrome ones anyway for around 2k
2. Body colored ORVMs Looks better in some colours. I didn't upgrade as I feel the 'non-coloured' ones look best on the black. BTW, they also sell a OEM 'chrome' kit for around 1.7k which includes chrome ORVM covers, front lip chrome strip and rear light surrounds. Looks are subjective; haven't gone for it yet
3. Seat fabric with new design pattern and upgraded quality Sounds good
4. Driver seat height adjustment IMHO, very useful for relatively shorter people. Else adjusting the seat too close to the steering wheel leads to difficulty in forward vision (dash/steering instrudes)

Initially thought of FIAT Linea, but somehow opted for this:). Now waiting for the delivery of the car

But truly, if you have a budget for the Linea, why the Aveo :D? The Aveo is a reasonably good car but definitely lower in positioning than the Linea. That said, I have owned one for around 2 years now with 12k on the clock. No issues at all and no rattles/squeaks. Good build and pretty good service support etc.

Congos rnidumolu!

Well, another attempt by Chevrolet to revive its sedan, but i guess it won't be enough. But, to be honest it is one of the most VFM sedan in the present scenario.

I have a LS version for the last 2 years completed 22K & still no issues. Driven it at 170kmph on my recent trip to Gujarat. It was too good but it gets scary beyond 155 odd.

While coming back drove it around 90-110 & it gave me an avg of 17kmpl with AC. All in all a decent package with awesome interiors.!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raj'sGlory (Post 1307170)
Congrats, Aveo is the best VFM car around. Do post your experience and initial reviews.

What is "Best" and "VFM" about this car? Bad FE, bad resale, unexciting engine, bland looks. I think the Linea is the best option.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedrolourenco (Post 1307256)
What is "Best" and "VFM" about this car? Bad FE, bad resale, unexciting engine, bland looks. I think the Linea is the best option.

Yes, bad FE if you expect 14-15 for a 1.4cc engine.
Yes. Agreed. But again, the value is in owning the vehicle and no one buys for others. Unless you are determined to change your car every 2 or 3 years.
Whats makes you excited? 0-100 in x sec? But that's not for day to day life boss...
Bland looks, again subjective.

Oops how did I miss your signature? Now I get it. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjothi (Post 1307278)
Yes, bad FE if you expect 14-15 for a 1.4cc engine.
Yes. Agreed. But again, the value is in owning the vehicle and no one buys for others. Unless you are determined to change your car every 2 or 3 years.
Whats makes you excited? 0-100 in x sec? But that's not for day to day life boss...
Bland looks, again subjective.

Oops how did I miss your signature? Now I get it. :D

From what I hear, people find it difficult to acheive those milege figures even in a Spark. The GM dealers are also not showing much interest in the Aveo. They basically trying to push the optra and the spark. Again the Aveo may be upgraded or replaced with a new model. So not a good idea to go in for it at this time. With the current situation with GM, again not advisable. When GM took over Daewoo, the Matiz owners were hopeful of support. They got nothing. If someone takes over GM, it may be the same situation.

Everyone has their reasons to buy or not to buy a particular car. Looks are subjective so I wont comment on the looks, but otherwise for my driving style or for that matter Mjothi's too, I think Aveo fits the bill perfectly. Too add to that the plush interiors the amazing suspension , the aircon freezing me even in 47 degrees of Jaipur heat is an added benefit. So all in all the ride comfort that I get in the car gives me so much joy that I am least bothered about what will I get back after 5 years. And mind you the FE isnt that bad either as some people have tried to potray.

My dealer calls me everymonth without fail to check on the car, to check how many Km's ive clocked on the ODO to update his record. I think that speaks volume for the company.

Basically I prefer Aveo over the other cars, similarly someone else might prefer other cars over the aveo. So that doesnt make either of the cars bad. Its just a matter of personal like's and dislikes.

All said rindumolu I would also like to congratulate you on your new car, hope you have lots of good times to share with us with your new buy.

Are you planning to take the 3 years maintenance free offer? Its optional if you didnt know that already. IMO do take it if your running is more than 1300kms per month.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedrolourenco (Post 1307286)
From what I hear, people find it difficult to acheive those milege figures even in a Spark.

You know why I bolded those :)
Quote:

The GM dealers are also not showing much interest in the Aveo. They basically trying to push the optra and the spark. Again the Aveo may be upgraded or replaced with a new model. So not a good idea to go in for it at this time.

Yes, Aveo does sells badly. Agreed. I heard about the LPG version of Aveo/UVA this year. Not sure if they are still sticking to that idea in this situation.
Quote:

With the current situation with GM, again not advisable. When GM took over Daewoo, the Matiz owners were hopeful of support. They got nothing. If someone takes over GM, it may be the same situation.

Yes, that's why I was asking him why he decided on this. He may have some personal likes/dislikes too, right?

Btw, I am not denying the fact about GM and other issues. I was just responding to your points about Aveo.

Quote:

Are you planning to take the 3 years maintenance free offer? Its optional if you didnt know that already. IMO do take it if your running is more than 1300kms per month.
Yes its a good option. But I am not sure if it would be worth in this situation of unknown future of GM. So, think twice before you opt. Check with the dealer also.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedrolourenco (Post 1307256)

pedro, with all due respects - when a person has already booked a car, its not the best time to debate whether another car makes more sense. Let him enjoy his new car.

@rnidumolu : congrats on your new car. Do post your ownership experiences.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyWalker (Post 1307345)
pedro, with all due respects - when a person has already booked a car, its not the best time to debate whether another car makes more sense. Let him enjoy his new car.

@rnidumolu : congrats on your new car. Do post your ownership experiences.

He's booked the car, not yet bought it. I've just given my views with the intention of letting him know some facts. The final call is his. I can't force him to buy or not to buy any car. Let him hear everyone's views and decide.

Aveo is a nice car, but somehow it didn't click.

Well, the so called upgradation might not help the sale, unless they reduce the price drastically (like fiesta-1lac price cut)

Count me in for Chevy cars. I was too much skeptical before buying a UVA. Now when i own one, i could see how "hearing from people" can drift your views. So when it comes to FE, Engine or build, i would recommend to personally call/talk to people who own these cars rather than going by what the friends or neighbors heard from someone. Looks are subjective and and vary from person to person.

Aveo is an excellent car and VFM tooagree:. I am sure you would enjoy it. Let us know when you bring home your car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by loving_alaap (Post 1308531)
Aveo is a nice car, but somehow it didn't click.

Well, the so called upgradation might not help the sale, unless they reduce the price drastically (like fiesta-1lac price cut)

I think a Rs. 50,000 price cut will help it sell well!