Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2009, 20:06   #1
Senior - BHPian

Confusing advertisements

This thread is started to discuss the confusing advertisements on the Indian Car scene.

I encountered to see a Maruti dealer show casing their non-Indian cars at a stall placed at my office last week. Funny thing is that the sales person said they are yet to be released in India.
Confusing advertisements-image000.jpg
The models in question are:

1. Hatch back model SX4
2. Suzuki Spalsh (not the RITZ)
Old 20th May 2009, 20:24   #2
Team-BHP Support

There's nothing confusing here as long as you understand how dealership works. They have their own budget to put up things like this and small ads on newspapers. As long people know they're offering test drive for those above mentioned cars..there's nothing as far as that dealer is concerned.

There are very few people in this country to question about Hatch back model SX4 or Suzuki Spalsh from the picture.
Old 20th May 2009, 20:38   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
There's nothing confusing here as long as you understand how dealership works. They have their own budget to put up things like this and small ads on newspapers. As long people know they're offering test drive for those above mentioned cars..there's nothing as far as that dealer is concerned.

There are very few people in this country to question about Hatch back model SX4 or Suzuki Spalsh from the picture.
Very true, but in spite of maruti offering 7 or 8 hatch back models now my mind likes the SX4 hatch back after seeing this advertisement. how is that ?
Old 20th May 2009, 20:41   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammway View Post
Very true, but in spite of maruti offering 7 or 8 hatch back models now my mind likes the SX4 hatch back after seeing this advertisement. how is that ?
Its just a sad work by some graphic designer who searched on Google images and pasted what pics he got from there.

I guess we all know about these gimmicks and dont mind them at all. And plus the dealers have a good rebuttal saying "yet to be launched" model.
Old 20th May 2009, 22:23   #5
BHPian

Yeah seems like a copy paste operation from google by an amateur.
Old 20th May 2009, 22:55   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsaLove View Post
Its just a sad work by some graphic designer who searched on Google images and pasted what pics he got from there.
Not just print ads, movies even! If you've watched the Salman-Priyanka-Akshay starrer "Mujhse shaadi karogi?", you'd see they use an Alto for scenes shot in Goa and what we call the Zen for scenes shot abroad. This, due to the older variants of the Alto being called the Zen in India. In fact, there's one scene where you see a chase starting with the Zen abroad and ending up with an Alto in Goa, though the movie didn't specifically intend showing the location abroad as "not India."

Also, another instance I recall is an Esteem driven by Juhi Chawla turning into an LHD in a scene from Mr & Mrs. Khiladi. (I think!)

Cheers!
DueLLeR
Old 21st May 2009, 07:49   #7
Senior - BHPian

Speaking of confusing, a tyre company, the brand i keep forgetting, advertised itself on TV using a M&M Scorpio. I initially thought it might be the AD for the 'Refresh' model. Needless to say I was amused to know it was for a tyre company.
Old 21st May 2009, 08:35   #8
BHPian

That would be the AD for MRF Wanderer . Even I thought that it was an ad for Scorpio .
Old 21st May 2009, 08:42   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The SX4 globally is sold as two variants, Suzuki SX4 and Fiat Sedici and both are hatch backs. Fiat at one point of time was planning to launch the Sedici but had to drop the plan as MUL launched SX4.

Generally most of the communication on any dealership needs to be vetted by the concerned area manager at the automotive company in this case MUL. I guess this is a case of lapse on both side.
Old 21st May 2009, 12:16   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DueLLeR View Post
Also, another instance I recall is an Esteem driven by Juhi Chawla turning into an LHD in a scene from Mr & Mrs. Khiladi. (I think!)
You are spot on with that mate. The car stunts were carried out here in India with an Esteem. The last shot shows Juhi and Kader Khan returning home in some phoren land in a smashed up Ford.
Talking of misleading advertisements, I somehow find the fuel economy figures, car prices and discount claims come with a lot of fine print. Fuel economy figures obtained in standard conditions, prices that are ex-showroom delhi, and discounts that cover everything under the sun including exchange bonus, corporate discounts et al. Shouldnt car manufacturers be asked to provide specific in city and highway figures for F.E, OTR prices for specific cities - say when advertising in Bangalore Mirror they should put down the OTR prices for Bangalore, and only advertise common minimum discounts that can be made available to an average joe.
Old 21st May 2009, 12:33   #11
BHPian

Well, Maruti can launch SX4 hatch in a premium segment.

Above Swift / Ritz, to fight with i20 / Jazz.

This segment is a unexpected hit in Indian Market.

SX4 with 1.3 MJD (Our national engine) will definitely sell like hot cakes, in a price range of 6 lacs.
Old 21st May 2009, 13:05   #12
Senior - BHPian

There is a builder near my area who is promising a Spark with every purchase & he has displayed the picture of International Spark in the Hoarding
Old 21st May 2009, 13:23   #13
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post
Well, Maruti can launch SX4 hatch in a premium segment.

Above Swift / Ritz, to fight with i20 / Jazz.

This segment is a unexpected hit in Indian Market.

SX4 with 1.3 MJD (Our national engine) will definitely sell like hot cakes, in a price range of 6 lacs.

If Maruti launch a petrol SX4 hatch, I'll exchange my SX4 sedan with that. Such a fantastic car it is!
Old 21st May 2009, 23:17   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
If Maruti launch a petrol SX4 hatch, I'll exchange my SX4 sedan with that. Such a fantastic car it is!

I really don't understand, Sedan for Hatchback ? why so ?
Old 21st May 2009, 23:39   #15
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I really don't understand, Sedan for Hatchback ? why so ?
I share that opinion - just that I don't have a SX4 sedan to exchange. I'll buy the SX4 hatchback if it had the 1.6DDIS, not our national engine!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks